Just booked a five-night Hotel stay In Tijuana.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Just booked a five-night Hotel stay In Tijuana.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

August 21st, to August 26th at the Aqua Rio Hotel on Avenida Constitucion. This should make for a great time and fun trip. The beach, food, museums, the shops on Avenida Revolucion, So much fun for so little cost.

Ole'!
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: Just booked a five-night Hotel stay In Tijuana.

Post by sammy the blade »

You going to pick up any knives while there?
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

I may pick up a cheap Asian auto if I think that I can get by with it. (I'd rather buy it here and avoid complications at U.S. Customs in San Ysidro).
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

If they catch you with a Chinese Milano in your luggage there may be a cavity check afterwards. Not worth it to me.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I wish you a safe trip Fishtail. I know you are familiar with this strange land lol. You sure make the stay sound better than depicted from what I've seen and heard on different medias. But, I guess you need to know where you're going, and I'm sure you do.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

From what I hear if you don't stray from the tourist areas you'll be safe. The police guard those areas because they bring alot of money in. Don't go expolring off the beaten path or you may be sorry.
Fishtail Picklock

JulesVane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 pm I wish you a safe trip Fishtail. I know you are familiar with this strange land lol. You sure make the stay sound better than depicted from what I've seen and heard on different medias. But, I guess you need to know where you're going, and I'm sure you do.
It is about a 2.53-mile walk from the San Ysidro International Boundary Crossing (Mexican Customs) to the Aqua Rio Hotel downtown. I know every inch of the walkway over the Tijuana River and a few "hole in the wall" restaurants along the way. (Including the Hotel Caesars where the Caesar Salad was created on 7/4/1924). The Aqua Rio is about 5 blocks (.61 mi.) from the Hotel Caesar (about one block west and four blocks south) of the famous Hotel. (Look it up on Booking.com). You'll notice how nice and clean it is. I have "done my homework" and minimized my personal risk. :wink:

I am in it for good, clean, fun. 8) :D
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue May 28, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

As paranoid as you always seem to be about leaving your room without multiple edged weapons, I'm surprised you would partake in such an adventure unarmed...lol JK

Have fun and enjoy the vacation!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. FP,

I was warned not long ago by some Mexican laborers to not go anywhere alone in TJ, especially the bars. There's a chance you might wake up in a wheelbarrow in an alley missing your wallet, and some vital organs. What you need is a disposable buddy. Take my ol' pal Wally for instance. He doesn't eat much, loves switchblades, has some cool karate moves, somewhat housebroken, and only requires a few 12 packs of Coors per day (he's petrified of water). Other than that, he's pretty self contained and a few pats on his head helps with self esteem.

Adios,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
sammy the blade

Sounds like my old dog
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Golly! Thanks for those wonderful accolades ye gave me. Eye will quote them on mine resume when I apply for your job AS leader of the rectal kazoo marching band...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Golly! Thanks for those wonderful accolades ye gave me. Eye will quote them on mine resume when I apply for your job AS leader of the rectal kazoo marching band...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Please, be sure to post pictures of yourself with the band. Should be a sight to behold!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:49 pmAugust 21st, to August 26th at the Aqua Rio Hotel on Avenida Constitucion...
Isn't "Agua Rio" a bit redundant. Is that to distinguish it from the "Rio Alcohol" TJ has been famous for over the years??

Check our Ensenada and Hussong's Cantina. My father spent some time in there back in 1930.
Fishtail Picklock

Since I don't drink, I'll be spending my time in the Tijuana Wax Museum, Tijuana Cultural Center and at Playa de Tijuana (Tijuana Beach). Food, shopping, and good, clean fun will be my primary focus for five solid days.
Fishtail Picklock
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Mr. Corpse,

Your resounding rendition of "Deliverance" has won you the job. The "Skid-Mark Quartet" in the Castro awaits their maestro...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson