Roofing Tales Of Madness

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Roofing Tales Of Madness

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Herein, to follow, is an episode from the hysterical roofing archives, to share with the World's oldest Roofer, and the inmates sited here-
To wit: There I was, circa 1980. Eye was the steep slope roofing crew foreman for a somewhat prestigious SF roofing company whose truck sign/motto was "Old World Craftsmanship"
One fine day, the company owner presented me with a Polaroid camera, to photo document roofing issues for client insurance claims. What transpired thereafter became legendary in chuckles.
I interrupt ramble for backstory- my crew used to frequent a delightful old timer's bar, The Pall Mall, on Haight Street, nicely darkened with a separate room to house a full sized pool table. One of the waitresses, a squatty lil' fireplug of a gal with massive bazooms with a virulently sarcastic attitude highlighted with it's voice resembling a cat in a blender screech, some called her Boom-Boom, we called her 'The Thing', was totally lusted after by mine second man, Hack, who publically stated that he would like to mount her from behind on the bar wearing a pig's head. Somewhat shortly thereafter, on a shopping expedition with mine her and another crew member to Pier 39, we went into a magic/joke shop, and lo and behold! There was a pig's head rubber mask that covered one's entire head. Imagine Hack's surprise when later that eve, I slapped the pig's head mask onto the bar and ordered him to comply. His response was akin to the noise made whilst swallowing one's tongue in shock. That fufilment of his dream never came to pass...
However, the pig's head became a staple of my crew's antics, to wit: the rallying cry/mantra became- "Put the pig's head on!" Whenever there was a scenic or colorful setting, crew members, even I, were required to don the pig's head for what became the "Pigfolio". The wearing of the pig's head was inflicted upon all those whom we could encourage or intimidate therein, including suppliers, family members, vacationing and foreign guests, or anyone who got to close to the shingle truck. Said Pigfolio amounts to 30 plus photos. I would like to be able to share said images with ye, but AS I am currently too stooped to figure out how to insert pictures in mine posting, my ol' pal, Mr. Doofus Emeritus has somewhat indicated he will do so...
164D6C33-C253-474F-9FE7-B7DB65F9D371.jpeg
164D6C33-C253-474F-9FE7-B7DB65F9D371.jpeg (764.14 KiB) Viewed 4978 times

AS Ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Attachments
1B521A41-8921-4C8A-A827-583EC64E9564.jpeg
1B521A41-8921-4C8A-A827-583EC64E9564.jpeg (697.74 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
B5383490-B446-4DCF-A63D-D35873ADACC1.jpeg
B5383490-B446-4DCF-A63D-D35873ADACC1.jpeg (730.55 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
sammy the blade

Re: Roofing Tales Of Madness

Post by sammy the blade »

Looking forward to seeing them.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sir Wallace,

AS always, great to read your prose.

Jim
worlds oldest roofer

Post by worlds oldest roofer »

Great to hear from you Wally!!!
Worlds Oldest Roofer
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Thanks to Mr. Doofus Emeritus for inserting Pigfolio pictures! He has threatened to show me how to do it myself, whereupon a plethora of disturbing photos may ensue...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
john

Post by john »

Wally, way cool funny story and photos!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Looks like a Slipknot mask.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Corpse,

You are welcome. Sometimes the easiest tasks on a puter can be the most annoying. The on/off button still has me puzzled, but one day I will conquer the round flat spot. To see a pig banging on shingles in San Francisco would not surprise me, as if anything there would surprise me anyway...

Mr. Worlds Oldest Roofer,

Welcome to the show that never ends. I am a 2nd generation roofer (the word is even on my birth certificate), but due to health reasons, I have moved to other areas in the construction industry and don't climb the ladder like I used to in the past. At 59, the days of hot tar burns, bloody shingling fingers, and cedar slivers are over. I do however, look forward to good roofing tales of yore, and some constructive banter from time to time.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I mean who wouldn't approve of such antics.

SD
sammy the blade

Nobody I can think of.