Guides, tips, and related.... thoughts on stickied threads?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Guides, tips, and related.... thoughts on stickied threads?

Post by kugr »

What do you all think about making some stickied threads about our collective knowledge? I know we have a search function, but it's a pain... I think it would be nice if we had something along the lines of ( mentioned in the bug bite thread): options for limiting the little buggers material wise, correct cloth/lining for a display case. Properly oiling/maintaining, knife care (oils appropriate for this, waxes for scales). Tips on cleaning/methods (how to clean without a full dismantle).
Putting them in a central location, easy at a glance type thing.
What do y'all think about this? If we think this is a good idea, I can compile from previous posts some guides/lists then email them to one of the mods for approval/editing...
Just let me know.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
john

Re: Guides, tips, and related.... thoughts on stickied threads?

Post by john »

It’s a great idea it requires a lot of attention. I don’t know if anyone would be up for it.
Maybe a thread could be started with questions such as the best way to prevent bug bites. It might be easier to keep up to date.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Something like that at first blush seems very appealing. However, the time and effort to put together a compendium of "Best Practices and Advice" could be very large given the many such topics that exist. This could turn into a full time job for someone and last several months or even years given the need to update! The search function is not as straightforward as the proposed approach, as it does take time to navigate and review the responses. Its advantage is that it currently exists and takes no additional admin or other support.

Nonetheless, if someone has the time and commitment to pursue this project, then why not?
kugr

Post by kugr »

Well, I think it will take me a while, but I will try to compile a list/links. Don't expect anything soon... haha
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
john

Post by john »

http://www.switchbladeknife.info/switchblade-books.html

The link above is for a list of knife books. You may want to include it.
I’ll send you stuff as I come across knife do’s, don’ts, etc.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed