Goner

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Goner

Post by Viking45 »

Ran out of cash and my internet got shut off.
It will be a very long time before I get back here.

Everyone take care and hopefully I will be back in a few months.

Watch yer top knot, keep your powder dry and always watch for motorcycles out on the road.

God bless you all. Dave
sammy the blade

Re: Goner

Post by sammy the blade »

Won't be seeing many bikes on the roads here for awhile. Good luck Dave!
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

WOW, Dave, I wish you a lot of luck, and can't wait to see you back!! Barb
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

take care dave and hope things work out for ya.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

All best wishes for better things in the future. With all the free internet connections available these days at coffee shops, libraries, etc., you should still be able to check in periodically, and I hope you do.

Good luck, Dave.
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Dave, just take care of yourself, ok?
I'm truly sorry things have been so rough for you for so long, and really hope things change for the better soon. You have added a lot to this board so I know you care about it, and I, for one, have appreciated that very much.
Hope to see you posting here again soon!!!!
Bill
redeye

Post by redeye »

Best to ya Dave. Be strong and this too shall pass.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

best wishes sir...
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Best wishes Dave, and as David mentioned, there are places with free internet. We genuinely care about you and hope you keep us up-to-date.

Jim
john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
I hope it all works outs real soon. You'll be in my thoughts and wishing you the best. Free Wi-Fi is everywhere.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Dave

Really sorry to hear of the hard times you are having.
Hope things mend soon and will be thinking of you through this my freind.

All my best

gravknife
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

good luck,hope thing's get better for you.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Still kickin'. Used a phone to tether to my computer.

Thought I would check in with everyone. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement.
Hoping to not be a downer like I have been lately but life just keeps throwing shit my (our) direction.
Wasn't going to mention this but it is so "real" right now I still can't get my head around it but my girlfriend's son was diagnosed with a rare aggressive and apparently incredibly painful cancer. He was given just a year or so and his medicine no longer helped with the pain.
He took his own life October 25.
Big good looking, soft spoken gentleman left behind a fiance and three sons.
Him and I really hit it off the first time we met.

Pretty hard for me to complain about any of the things wrong in my life.

Everyone take care, God bless and wish every body a nice Thanksgiving and if I'm not back before, a Merry Christmas.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Dave, I am SO SORRY to hear about your girlfriend's son's suicide!! There is nothing that I can say that will alleviate the pain of your and your girlfriend's loss. You have my utmost sympathy, and please accept my condolences. :cry:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

barshoo wrote:Dave, I am SO SORRY to hear about your girlfriend's son's suicide!! There is nothing that I can say that will alleviate the pain of your and your girlfriend's loss. You have my utmost sympathy, and please accept my condolences. :cry:
That is very sweet of you Barbara.
Seems I don't have much of a positive view or comments to make here lately but trust me, I am squaring my shoulders and moving forward, albeit a slow pace.
I have not forgot my friends here and their afflictions.
I know my buddy Terry is dealing with a hardship (to put it mildly) and I have not forgot about him.
Terry is a warrior and I have faith he will conquer this scourge put upon him.
Wally has proven to be super human and defies his curse like the soldier he is.
I apologize if there are other friends with health issues or other unspoken suffering.

It is selfish of me to mention my problems as if I am the only one facing obstacles.
All of us have our share of problems. I speak out here because it's like we are all friends and care about each other although I have not met anyone in person, I know members here give a damn.
I sometimes can talk to strangers easier than people close to me. None of you are strangers but in my mind it is easier to open up.
There are maybe four people in my life I feel comfortable talking to and even then, limit how far I let them in.
Looking people in the eye as they speak has always been a virtue or quality I like to think I possess.
Listening and responding with sincerity is ultimately important to me as it is to the person talking.
I get that here.

Not fishing for sympathy when I talk about things here, it is like a secret outlet or medium to expel this build up of stress I have never experienced before.
There has been a lot of deaths in my family and lost many good friends but grief and what I feel right now are two different animals if that makes any sense.
One is in the heart and the other is in the head....and this mental juncture is the one draining me.
Used to give people a hard time about it, saying to "bite the bullet", "suck it up and deal with it."
Easy words when one hasn't had a taste of it on this level.

Enough sorrow, despair and gloom.
Back to our passion 8)
I have sold a giant portion of my collection, so when I get my world squared away I am going to look for an 11" basic dark horn 5mm.
Bayo or dagger blade, doesn't matter.
I am completely out touch in the knife scene- Are these even available and what's the price tag?
Now the 5mm's came only in swivel guard correct? It would awesome to have a 5mm picklock.
I know the vintage stilettos had 5mm but that is not an option for me.

I super appreciate all my friends here and will try not to bring my rain cloud around like Joe Btfspik :lol: