Goner

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: Goner

Post by barshoo »

It is not selfish of you to talk about your tragedy and other afflictions! I am a highly-functioning Bipolar II sufferer, but mostly controlled by medications. I get a little manic about knives, though...LOL! I have been in 9 serious car accidents, resulting in surgeries, opiate addiction (which is behind me now) and chronic pain, but Ibuprofen seems to work. That's enough of my medical issues, of which I have plenty MORE!! :roll:

When you get on your feet, I recommend getting an AGA Campolin, either a 10" Picklock (which is 5MM) or an 11" Frosolone (also a Picklock AND 5MM). Frank B newer knives are NOT what they used to be, quality-wise. You don't see the older FB 5MM's come up for sale, but that's not to say that they never will! You could get a Walt's 5MM Picklock new on the Latama website, currently priced at $269.00, and I hear that it's the place to get one, because Walt throws in a nice case with it!

I dearly hope that you will be able to see my post! I have a deep connection with you in regards to struggling with depression! Mine is controlled with a good mix of meds. I generally don't open up like this, but I knew that you could relate! I have a feeling that your friends might relate to what you are going through. Depression tends to go hand in hand with chronic conditions or ailments. You have a lot of friends here! I've had really good interactions with you, and I consider you to be a good buddy.

I just last week discovered a good knife show on the History Channel called "Forged In Fire", which I am watching now. It's on Wednesdays from 6-10PM in a series of 1 hour episodes. It is a competition with 3-4 participants that are Knife forgers by trade, with a panel of expert knife forgers as judges. The prize is $10,000 to each episode winner! It is so FASCINATING to me, so I am talking about it to everybody who will listen in the knife world.

I hope things will improve for you. The nice thing about being low, is that the only way you can go is up! So here's to things looking up, Dave! Barb
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.