*FINAL* Sign-up For Commemorative Knife To Honor Rick Giroux

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: *FINAL* Sign-up For Commemorative Knife To Honor Rick Giroux

Post by barshoo »

Hey Sprink, I read your post to David, and he really appreciated your comment! His response was, "It was a joint effort." Meaning that I prepared the certs for mailing. But he did all the labels, purchased the collectable Daniel Boone stamps at a stamp collector's shop, and produced the certificates. :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Hey Barb, I just want to say that you did an outstanding job orchestrating all this. Even though I wasn't able to participate I have been watching closely. You should be proud of yourself young lady!

I don't think I have ever seen one of these forum knife things go smoother. Most in the past have been border line train wrecks imo...lol

Bravo! 8)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i could not say it any better than Whippersnapper did.

great job Barb !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Terry, and thank you Dave! It is high praise coming from the both of you, and I feel humbled. This project was for me a great source of joy and learning...especially learning how much I could do, and how to adapt. I want to do a Talkblade Forum knife, collaborating with Angelo again. But only if it is okay with the mods. It could be entitled "Talkblade Forum 2020" That would be a good time to set it for. I will be happy to ask the guys who dealt with me to act as my references. Thank you guys for your compliments! :D

(Edited to correct spelling)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I have updated the Knife Number Assignment and Paid List on page four. I had forgotten to mark two people as "Paid and Shipped".

I have not yet received payment from Rick's kids, but I am assured that payment is forthcoming. If they don't pay for them, the grandparents will...
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

All the knives have been paid for and shipped. All the knives have been delivered to their new owners. As far as I know, all of them work properly, as I have not heard otherwise.

My Piccolo had to go to Bill DeShivs for some minor repairs and adjustment. THANK you Bill for your services! Your work is outstanding, your prices are extremely affordable, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to all who are reading this, and to everyone who is a collector that I encounter!

I want to thank everyone who advised me while I worked on this project, and all of you who purchased a knife, or knives! I really appreciate your support!

I took a leap of faith, never having done this sort of project before. It was a worthwhile and fulfilling experience. To my wonder and amazement, everything worked perfectly! I managed to stay within budget, except for the cost of producing the certificates.

Most importantly, we have honored Rick Giroux's memory in a very tangible way. We have beautiful knives that will keep Rick in our memory. He contributed SO MUCH to the knife collecting community. Many of us have purchased a knife from him at one time or another.

His family is very grateful for all that we have done, and they absolutely cherish their new knives with his name on them! His father wrote to me yesterday to thank us again for what we have done for them. (I say "we", because without all of you, this commemorative project would not have been possible.) They cannot thank you enough for all of your support, and neither can I !!

Finally I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous & Happy New Year!!! :D
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I FORGOT to report to you about the contributions that you all made to Missing Animal Response Network! Our donations totaled $85.00!!

I paid $75.00 via PayPal, and mailed John's PMO of $10 to them on November 24, 2018. I received a very appreciative thank you message from Kat Albrecht, who runs the organization.

The primary mission of "MARN" is to reunite lost pets with their owners. They use the same search methods as law enforcement. They use search dogs (that sniff a scent article belonging to the missing animal) to track missing pets.

Examples of other methods include search probability theory, night vision camera's and traps, DNA evidence from fur samples found during the search, listening devices, and lost dog or cat behavior theories, to name some of them.

Once again, thank you for donating to this cause.