Signups for Rick Giroux Commemorative Knives

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Signups for Rick Giroux Commemorative Knives

Post by natcherly »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:All of Walt's most recent runs have been N/S swiveling bolsters by Frank, he's definitely got them on hand / has the tooling... I guess my question is who on earth is making huge orders through him if Walt's run is finished and hitting shelves now? Perhaps 3knives is restocking itself? Almost all Frank's is gone from there.

Armando Beltrame is another idea, anybody know how to contact him for custom runs? does he even do custom runs?
I don't have any of those Walt knives. For a long time Frank would not build NS swivels, but as money talks, and the customer in this case is a very good one, sounds like Frank did what the customer wanted.

Anyway, if what you say is true, then there really isn't a good reason for not being able to get what is envisioned. Maybe the order can piggy back on a current run. May delay delivery but worth waiting for the right thing.
omega

Post by omega »

If Frank isn't eager to be involved with this project, the hell with him! He's missing the point, or perhaps it's Sara. Who knows.

Rick was a very long-term and loyal customer of Frank's for many years. When I moved from lowly collector to seller twenty years ago, it was Rick who introduced me to Frank. I suspect Rick made other referrals that brought Frank considerable revenue over the years. Just referring ME to Frank brought him TENS of THOUSANDS of USD in small orders from me when I was actively selling.

It's the small dealers that talked up his product to collectors, that over time, put Frank Beltrame where he is today. His refusal of this project says to me: "Fu*K You! We don't care about you or need your business any longer."

Any ANYONE can tell him or Sara that I said so. :x :x :x

Chris Edwards
Kansas City
CJE.5760@gmail.com
omega

Post by omega »

Oh..... and I love the option to donate to ASPCA. In my case, I already support the local chapter, Great Plains SPCA in suburban Kansas City. I've recently contributed several hundred to them in connection with a Feral Cat Trap, Neuter and Return project I ran here. We mobilized numerous donors in the Kansas City area, who contributed to the cause, as well as international donors from as faraway as the Netherlands thru a dedicated Facebook page and the PayPal giving fund.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Sara is not going to deal with ME, nor any other factory for that matter. I doubt that I qualify as "the man for the job"!! This morning's exchange between her and I was not even FRIENDLY! I LOST my post describing how that went...it was NOT good. I won't go through that again! I'm just a lowly collector! To HELL with it!! I've worked hard and tirelessly on this, but I just can't do it anymore. I am too depressed, to tired of politics from Sara. But, YOU GUYS are GREAT!!! :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I've lost too much sleep the last couple days! Hell, I even wrote a long request and appeal for this run IN ITALIAN!! Believe me, I tried!!
omega

Post by omega »

Thanks Barb, for your efforts on behalf of all who were customers and friends of Rick. I'm so very sorry that Sara wasn't appreciative of your efforts in our behalf. I already had some notions about her, and this just confirms my feelings about Frank's Company having grown too big for its britches.

I can't even calculate how many FB knives I bought and sold thru the years and I'm now embarrassed to admit how many of his special editions and TSF knives presently fill my collection. I can tell you that I have bought my last Frank Beltrame knife. I can also tell you that there are other Maniago makers who are more responsive to the needs of small dealers and collectors like us, and any future dealings with be with THEM!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you, Chris! I know you guys appreciate me, and I am so thankful! I know that you guys understand how I feel!

I just bought an AGA Campolin Frosolone Picklock a few days ago. I can't wait to get it!! I LOVE their knives!! If you had to choose, would you choose Nickel Silver over brass bolster on one? I chose NS, because brass grows dull over the period of ten years...

I am so DONE with the Beltrames! Maybe THEY will be sorry, after they read all the nice emails that I had written to them, but it is TOO LATE to save my good will about their products!! I bet concentrating on volume sales and manufacture, that they are going to turn out a lot of mediocre knives that are not FIT for the fine collectors that we are!!

And the RUDE, ANGRY way that she treated me online this morning, is not the way to win over any customer who is trying to respectfully do business with them. Breast surgery on none, I don't accept ANY excuse! Even FRANK is not friendly on the phone! YEP! Stick a fork in me, I am well-done!!! :| :cry: :x
omega

Post by omega »

Not to worry, Barb! All of us here still love you, even if Sara and Frank don't. :)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Certainly Barb...you efforts were appreciated. Sorry you had to endure so much negativity for such a positive cause. Thank you for trying!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

omega wrote:Not to worry, Barb! All of us here still love you, even if Sara and Frank don't. :)
JulesVane wrote:Certainly Barb...you efforts were appreciated. Sorry you had to endure so much negativity for such a positive cause. Thank you for trying!
Thank you, Chris and Jules! I am in tears as I write this...I appreciate you guys, and all my friends here, and I love you ALL!! My blood pressure is sky high, and I can't sleep. :shock: I got up to take an anxiety pill, and hopefully that will bring my BP down. In the process, I hope to sleep, eventually.

I am grieving hard over losing Rick! :cry: (He and I were lovers at one point, before I met my husband. David knows how I felt about him, and he is very supportive.) This project of the memorial knife to honor Rick is very important to me! I decided that I need to follow the advice of the man I quoted down below...

In spite of the experience yesterday, I still am thinking about contacting AGA Campolin company to see what they can do for us. I have my trusty language translator, (and my month-long unlimited International calling plan) and will search for that company contact information. What do I have to lose? I'll write an inquiry in Italian, after introducing myself in an introductory email. I'll post what I find out... Thank you both for your support and love! :D

God Bless you all! Barb
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

barshoo wrote:the RUDE, ANGRY way that she treated me online this morning, is not the way to win over any customer who is trying to respectfully do business with them. Breast surgery on none, I don't accept ANY excuse! Even FRANK is not friendly on the phone! YEP! Stick a fork in me, I am well-done!!! :| :cry: :x
you ought to post her emails... I'm curious
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Barb, you'll find Maura (Angelo's wife) to be much more polite than my experiences with Sara B. She speaks (at least types) in pretty good English. Always very friendly and helpful in MY dealings with her about orders I've placed. She's always replied quickly to the "Contact" on their online store. I feel the problem you (we) will face is new production. I'm afraid a disappointing response will come of that request. The only thing I can think of, is to find a piece that already exists and ask if a number of them could be stamped. That way, "only" the stamp itself needs production. Problem with this idea is, the knife will not be "special", other than that stamp. (No nickel/silver bolsters or red dot safety). Just a common knife with a special stamp. If the blade needs to be removed from pre-existing knives to stamp it? I doubt this idea will even work. It's surely a far cry from your original idea. I don't think this idea will appeal to anyone, anyway. It's just all I can think of.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

Barb: I've dealt with Angelo couple of occasions and have found him very responsive and courteous when I've dealt with him. Hopefully you'll have better luck dealing with AGA.
DonC
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Final sign-ups are on the post on top in the Off Topic Section.