Rick Giroux

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Rick Giroux

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I will miss Rick,very good Man,r.i.p.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Dear friends, I just found out about Rick's passing moments ago on a post on Facebook! I am stunned!! I called his family, and it is not known yet how he died. I last saw him in December of 2005, when I flew out to Minnesota and stayed at his parents house. I know that everyone who knew him well are hurting, as I am. He was a fantastic person! I bought my knives almost exclusively from him, with few exceptions. His funeral is tomorrow. My sympathies go out to his family and friends. I am heartbroken that we have lost him!!! Barbara
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

It sux Barb but I guess it's the cycle of life. It's gonna get us all someday! I'm sure he is in a better place than we are
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Sammy! My wonderful husband David brought me home some beautiful flowers!! Rick is in a better place, you are right about that. Rick and JerrBear were my closest knife buddies. This loss has taught me something...I can't take you all for granted, and I MUST keep in touch!! I know that I have said this before, but I plan to check in here more frequently!!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I've been corresponding with Rick's dad. In his email yesterday, he told me that they won't have the death certificate for another month, but I hope sooner. It's not known yet why he died.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT HAVING A COMMEMORATIVE KNIFE MADE TO HONOR RICK?? :idea: I believe that a LOT of us would buy one!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Jesus his family doesn't even know? That's gotta be rough on them...
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Yes, it HAS been pretty bad for them. Not knowing would be hard on me too, if I was in their shoes... :cry:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I just received an email from Rick's father. The death certificate indicates that Rick Giroux passed away from natural causes. There were no other details given.

It brings ME comfort to know that he did not suffer...