I adore my Panama (Toquilla Palm) hats.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I adore my Panama (Toquilla Palm) hats.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

There's nothing better for keeping my bald spot from getting burned than my Stetson "Retro" and Jaxon Trilby Panama Hats. These look good while keeping me cool. (You have to love that).
Fishtail Picklock
john

Re: I adore my Panama (Toquilla Palm) hats.

Post by john »

Please a photo of the hat.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Go to Village Hat Shop and you can see both. I recommend both. If you go to Fashionable Hats (fashionable hats.com) you can find a nice Stetson Haberdash (shantung straw) for $40.00 shipped to your door. It takes you back to when men dressed as men. (Not as little boys in baseball or "trucker's hats").

An expensive Trilby or Fedora looks nice in the autumn and winter, for spring and summer the Shantung straw and Toquilla Palm (Panama) hats are a great topper. I'm always in a sports jacket and slacks and carry a walking stick or a cane, so I always cut a "dashing figure" while other men are seen in t-shirts and ball caps. (Their wardrobe hasn't changed much since they were 7 years old).
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...Why do I have visions of Hannibal Lector walking away at the last scene of Silence Of The Lambs? lol!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Fishtail Picklock

Sadly, most men dress like little boys. I prefer to dress as an adult. (Have you performed a "mirror check" lately)?
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JulesVane wrote:...Why do I have visions of Hannibal Lector walking away at the last scene of Silence Of The Lambs? lol!
Bingo!
Fishtail Picklock

whippersnapper wrote:
JulesVane wrote:...Why do I have visions of Hannibal Lector walking away at the last scene of Silence Of The Lambs? lol!
Bingo!
Something tells me that you live in t-shirts. Most lazy men do. They can't be bothered with looking and dressing as an adult. This is typical of our slovenly, and informal society. :roll:

Pure, unabashed "lack of effort".
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Lol... :roll:
Fishtail Picklock

If the T-shirt and Jeans fit...
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELL !!! I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY WHEN HANGING AROUND THE HOUSE I WEAR SLIDES AND A DASHING PAIR OF HANES !!!

BUTT, SHOULD I GO OUT ON THE TOWN ( MY MONTHLY TRIP TO WAL-MART) I WEAR MY HOLELYIST SWEAT PANTS AND A SLEEVELESS T-SHIRT UNDER MY VEST, WITH MY CANE, SO THERE !!!

P.S. AND I SUPPOSE YA WEAR THEM FANCY STACY ADAMS SPAT SHOES TO HUH.......HUH.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I can honestly say I admire both men and women that dress nice. However, what I envision for women as "nice" may look cheap or sleazy to others.
The pictures below are exactly how my girlfriend dresses every day.....and daddy likes it. 8)

I can be seen daily in Livi's 501 jeans and black Harley t-shirts and when I ride and black HD cap.

But to each his own. We all live very diverse lifestyles which makes us individuals.
The one thing I spend the most money on are boots. Right now I have Merrell work boots at just a hair over $200.
If I dressed any different I would not be myself and would feel pretentious.
Cheers!
Babe00.jpg
Babe00.jpg (117.79 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Babe01.jpg
Babe01.jpg (69.45 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Babe02.jpg
Babe02.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Babe03.jpg
Babe03.jpg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Babe05.JPG
Babe05.JPG (364.6 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Babe06.jpg
Babe06.jpg (208.01 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
MerrellWorkBoot.jpg
MerrellWorkBoot.jpg (98.6 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Fishtail Picklock

In the "real world" you can "virtue signal" all you like, but people judge you by,

a) the way you dress,
b) the words you use,
c) the manner in which you carry yourself.

I prefer to be viewed as classy, erudite and articulate. It isn't snobbery, but educated portent, and proper self-presentation. If you are educated, intelligent, and articulate, you are respected and judged less harshly than the dull and ignorant. Respect is earned, not granted.

This is the real world. Learn to live in it.
Fishtail Picklock
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Words of wisdom my good sir.
Many times a stranger will strike a conversation with me with "small talk" until they hear my response and then I see a drastic change in their facial expression.
I have a difficult time talking to many people I know because they either have nothing in common or they are unenlightened on the subjects I enjoy talking about.
For instance when I go to the local pub all my biker buddies are in their circle talking and I am sitting with two older gentlemen that are retired college professors.
One of our favorite subjects are discussing ancient stone work such as that in Tiwanaku Bolivia, Ollantaytambo and Cusco,Peru.
I am mesmerized by this subject and the idea this "polygonal" stonework is found all over the world- Peru, India, Israel, Egypt,Central America, Bolivia, Baalbek, Greece, Bosnia, Italy etc etc.
I do not buy the little green men theory, I believe there was an ancient, highly advanced "global" civilization because the term "coincidence" is simply absurd.
Notice in the bottom photo (Bolivia) the two different styles of stonework. The latter is of much less quality and done by the Incas.
They always get credit for it but when asked, they said it was here when we arrived.
Attachments
stonework4.jpg
stonework4.jpg (109.35 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
stonework3.jpg
stonework3.jpg (247.94 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
5l3rbotqniw.jpg
5l3rbotqniw.jpg (67.61 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
ollantaytambo.jpg
ollantaytambo.jpg (124.28 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
Ollantaytambo_2009_H-5-800x533.jpg
Ollantaytambo_2009_H-5-800x533.jpg (212.86 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
Ollantaytamboa9f2d7985.jpg
Ollantaytamboa9f2d7985.jpg (360.33 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
stonework.jpg
stonework.jpg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
stonework2.jpg
stonework2.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
stonework90935f.jpg
stonework90935f.jpg (105.55 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
cuscopolygonalstones.jpg
cuscopolygonalstones.jpg (214.3 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
Fishtail Picklock

Excellent! The intellect of the ancients is, indeed magnificent. You likely know more than I concerning the subject. I enjoy listening to those that know more than speaking. While I possess a broad spectrum of knowledge, my study of the ancients hasn't kept pace with either you or that of the professors. Listening to such men is humbling. I prefer to listen than speak.

Thanks for the post.
Fishtail Picklock
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Every ancient text from Hindu, Islam, Christianity, Hebrew and every other areas of belief all speak of a great flood.

It is impossible to date stone but what we can be certain of is a massive deluge in or around 11 to 12 thousand years ago.
The highest mountain on earth is Mount Everest and at the very tip top there are aquatic fossils, however this has nothing to do with the great flood, it merely states that when the earth's plates slammed together and pushed upward to form mountains it was all sea floor at one time.

Every day we are finding evidence that man has been "modernized" far longer than ever thought before.
The older or further back we go, the more exquisite and intricate the structures. There are over 250 cities alone under the Mediterranean Sea.
New evidence is showing that the Egyptian pyramids were under water at one time, thus dating them back to the "great flood" rather than the basic 4000 to 2500 BC once believed.

All these stone structures I posted have withstood thousands of years of earthquake and natural cataclysms of biblical proportion, yet because of the lack of mortar and the intricate shapes allow for them to shift with the chaotic movement and remain unaffected.
The pyramids are not tombs. No hieroglyphs of any kind were ever found in or outside the structures. They are more like machines with an unknown function than a tomb. They are ultra complex and have have internal chambers and precision cut granite skeletons that resemble modern computer circuits. Not saying they are, they simply are not tombs.

Here is an interesting video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpG4fTiz1g
Speaks of harmonics and sound waves.
Chris Dunn is no nut-case,little green man guy, he is an engineer and views everything from an engineer's point of view.