guests

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: guests

Post by whippersnapper »

Sorry as well, Ian.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Sorry to hear all that, Ian. And I thought California had repressive laws. Well they do but not like what you are going through. Old Blighty is not the place it once was....
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

One member unfriended me after I commented on his rudeness to a new member ( he is often a bit rude to many).....Takes all kinds!
He must be a wanker.
2024 candidate for president
DonC

Post by DonC »

Ian:
So sorry to hear that your government is protecting you from yourself. Once it's reached the point of officially recognizing you you're officially done. I woouldn't recommend trying to do an end run around them, they've got too much time an money for an individual to go head to head with them.
Were it me I'd take my entire collection to a local foundry and have everything melted down into a big block. At least you'd know that none of your collection would end up in someone's study as a trophy. But that's just me.
DonC
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

natcherly wrote:Sorry to hear all that, Ian. And I thought California had repressive laws. Well they do but not like what you are going through. Old Blighty is not the place it once was....
Mr Natchery,

I finally moved across state lines and set up shop in Oregon. Where openly buying and selling switchblades is legal. I also took a few more things with me; my guns, my money, and my vote.

Mr. Gravknife,

Hopefully, you have things well protected.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Thanks for all the kind words here.Sammy Tom,Natcherley,whippersnapper ,DonC and Bonzo

It really angered me as it scared my autistic daughter ,that's why I have decided to pack in more than their threats.

Natcherley

Not much of the England you saw remains sadly
My country has been sold out to Muslims and has forbidden its people the arms needed to put things right for our children.The Boston tea Party was just as we will need America to help us out before the end.
Tommy Robinson an English patriot has been jailed for exposing Muslim child grooming gangs in our country,and our PM has been wearing a Burqa and telling us to worship and celebrate Ramadan....it's FUBAR here trust me.
It's easier to arrest me as I am not a Muslim and can't use my race card or Islamaphobia card to get me out of raping schoolgirls ,plotting beheadings of old soldiers,and blowing up children at concerts or driving vans into people having a good time.
I hope all's well for you
You take care my freind

Mr Bonz
It's great to see you here at least my freind.....yours and Wallys humour are key to survival of forums like this .
Oh and my knives Bonz.....they have all suddenly vanished from my house :D

DonC
I agree with you about not wanting my knives as a trophy in some constables house, but I could never melt them down ,they mean too much to me and I have been through a lot to collect my meagre collection.....they can prise them from my cold dead hands if they like.
I hope your well Sir.

Sammy
I hope I can still find you here my mate and not on that knitting forum...,I thought we would keep the knitting forum private and to ourselves anyway mate :)
You take care mate

Sorry for the little rant earlier you lot .

Take Care all of you and good luck with your collections....zI will have to get my kicks from your pics!

gravknife
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

ian, that down right sucks !!! i can only suggest saving ya euro's or british pound sterlings and movin to the colonies.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Ian, I am sad that the Bobbies are looking at you,just asking can you put your stuff in a safety deposit box,cheers.Eric
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:07 pm

People seem to have become bored with forums like this and spend more time on facebook and reddit groups.
I've done the majority of my collecting over the past several years on FB. It's funny over the years I would lurk here to walk down memory lane without signing in. I would read old threads and lmao but would also get a little upset over the members that died. When i joined this group I was in my thirties and alot of members were older and it seemed like I was losing friends every year.

SD
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Getting older is part of the life cycle but it beats the alternative.
2024 candidate for president
Five Dollar Bill

Post by Five Dollar Bill »

Many groups today are suffering from attendance and participation. Online, and physical clubs, etc. Groups like Veteran organizations, hobby clubs, civic groups, and so many others. Either people don't come and join, or they join, and don't show up for meetings, help with activities or contribute themselves in any way. Part of it is evolution. Young people, today, don't collect anything, don't join any groups, and barely participate in any worthwhile group activities. Except, possibly concerts. Also, people have to work more these days. Both parents, or husband & wife, work, and time slips away. Misaligned schedules, crazy shifts, necessary overtime, etc., all eat up any free time. You can't be part of "America's Working Poor", if you don't work! So, groups of all kinds suffer.
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

It is a shame I’m new and sign in everyday to see more beautiful knives I suppose people get older and the excitement goes.

I appreciate the stuff I do see on here though and the old posts I can go through keeps me pretty busy.

Ian gravknife
Sorry to here that mate I’m gutted for you I am a working class boy from woolwich and plumstead and fell we have been pushed out, I move to the Kent countryside for a more English way of life for my boys and it really is like stepping back in time to our once great culture.

I too am absolutely gutted what our country has become mate but chin up don’t let the bastards grind you down.

Joe
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I check in several times each day but there is nothing new to see. I have stopped posting any new stuff as it largely goes unread and uncommented. My group on Fecesbook, Artistic Switchblade Knives, has over 1000 members but probably 25 active ones. I mostly post there.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Ilikestilettos

Cool I’ll check that out thanks

Joe
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

I'm also a new member and now it's just a part of my daily routine to check in here.

My ancestors fled England in the early 17th century Lucentcrow, and I'm saddened and angry at what is happening to you guys, it is happening here too.
Your man Orwell was spot on.
Too bad no one listened to the warning. :x