A big thanks to ILS!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

A big thanks to ILS!

Post by tequiza »

I would like to give a very big thank you to Dave ( ILS ) for his help these last few months, it is very much appreciated, and for anyone that would like to do business with him, do not hesitate, if there's a more honest man on this planet I haven't met him :!:
Pete
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: A big thanks to ILS!

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Pete ,you took the word's right out of my mouth,Dave is the salt of the Earth.Eric
thom

Post by thom »

I 2nd that. ILS for President.
john

Post by john »

Dave is one of a kind. He is a really good guy.
Pete, I agree, Dave is the most honest guy in the world.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
DonC

Post by DonC »

I've known Dave since I started collecting and I can't say enough good things about him. (except for his taste in cars ):-) )
DonC
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I think he has great taste in cars! You don't thing he's eating them do you.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Really good bloke Dave

He has bid on items for me that I couldnt bid on in the US and put up with my last minute changes of mind very graciously i'll add. :)

Also welcomed me like most newcomers with a PM and sent me many new designs and has been kind enough to show many of them here ....from CAD to actual working knife ,great for learners like myself.

I havnt seen him here lately and hope he is okay a great character of this hobby with an enviable collection of knives......Sorry if this sounds like an Obituary Dave and I hope your well mate

All my best
Ian
john

Post by john »

gravknife wrote:Really good bloke Dave

I havnt seen him here lately and hope he is okay a great character of this hobby with an enviable collection of knives......

All my best
Ian
Hi Ian,
He can be found at:
Artistic Switchblade Knives on Facebook
John
John

rock-n-roll$$$$$$

I talk to Dave all the time by phone,we talk about knives,cars,health,and life,he is one of a kind. Eric
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

OK, the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I come here and the other forum a couple of times a day to read and will chime in when it seems appropriate to do so. Mostly I have been on Facebook and trying to figure out why fleaBay blissfully ignores some switchblade offerings (even the false button ones which are also against their rules) and other times blissfully pulls my ads and slaps me on the wrist with longer and longer probation periods. I assume they can't really tell what is and isn't an automatic even with clues that are biting them on the posterior.

I am the admin of Artistic Switchblade Knives and there are editorials explaining that my group exists to appreciate and feature beautiful art in steel. I don't get crazy over the inclusion of manuals or the occasional sale, even offering up some myself. There are another half dozen automatic specific groups which I also follow, unless the admin has personally demonstrated to me that they are a$$holes. I have banned a few people who seem unable to act like they are in polite company, just as I am sure that my name is held in low esteem in many circles.

I hope that dispels any concerns. BTW most of the kids have departed for Twitter, Instagram and Lord only knows what else. Facebook is mostly old farts like myself. If you don't link your email or cell number to your account, then you only need to deal with new notifications once and according to your own schedule.

Best of luck to you all, excepting Rolling Stones Psycho Eric, Boston Gianni, King of Ink Lance, Cobraless Don, Island Pedro and that bloody limey, Ian. You guys know who you are and how I feel about you!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Good to hear from you Dave.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Glad your still about Dave and well. 8)

It would be great if more of the characters came back once in a while aswell.

Like the sound of the Artistic Switchblades site mate but I won't do Facebook ...I was reading what people had for breakfast ,dinner and tea about their problems ,holidays and answering numerous posts there....one day I realised I was actually not living my life whilst I was busy reading about everybody elses. :)

Keep up the great knives Dave.
Your old Limey freind :)

Ian
DonC

Post by DonC »

Sounds like you're plugging along just fine. Keep it up.
Cobraless Don
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

thanx for the kind word's Dave,I will tell Keith and Mick that you say's cheer's.
john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
Some of us miss your posts.
Boston Gianni
John