Ole Viking Update

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Ole Viking Update

Post by Viking45 »

Bonzo wrote:
Mr. Viking,

Sounds like God has grabbed you by the scruff of the neck and deflated some pride. It's good for you. Believe me, I've been there. A lot.

Best regards,

Bonz
Yes he did. I was feeling like I was falling forever and then this angel came out of nowhere and caught me.
We are getting along great. It's almost scary but on the other hand I have a strong sense of comfort I haven't felt in a very long time, if at all.
It's like I now have a sense of purpose and direction in life.
My new lady may have very well saved my life. Her love is genuine and I can feel it.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Good Luck Dave

I am really glad to see you in a better place my freind....I was a bit worried for you a while back

It's hard to give advice in relationships and affairs of the heart ....once you're in one you only take advice from one person .....Yourself ,which is flawed due to the feelings you get from the off.My only advice is learn from the bad ones you got through and if you are working too hard from your side to make things work ....then it's a bad relationship.

Finding God may be the best thing you can do....most people only embrace God at the end but the people I meet who have a connection with God seem happier than the norm and never seem to have money issues.The Jehovah's witnesses are a bit too confident ,as if on a natural life's high but they are not unhappy.

Take it slow though Dave even if things seem wonderful ,dont fully invest yourself ,keep your guard up and heal the wounds suffered last time round.

I really hope this new lady can bring you some inner peace and change your luck for the better.

Be thinking of you you over here in England mate.

All my best

Ian
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Viking45 wrote:Yes he did. I was feeling like I was falling forever and then this angel came out of nowhere and caught me.
We are getting along great. It's almost scary but on the other hand I have a strong sense of comfort I haven't felt in a very long time, if at all.
It's like I now have a sense of purpose and direction in life.
My new lady may have very well saved my life. Her love is genuine and I can feel it.
Mr. Viking,

Shedding the negative influence for the positive is quite rewarding. With the ex, it was a fight a day. With my new lady, just one argument in the 4 years we've been together (when my navigating skills failed me in Honolulu). It might take a little time, but you will regain your health, wealth, and dignity.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Thanks Ian and Bonz.

Ian things are a little better but far from wonderful. My finances are worse now than way back when you bought the knives from me.
However I take responsibility for the situation. I do not blame my x girlfriend but I sure didn't go into this hole for myself, I did it to help and please her.

I am a week late on my Master Card payment as I write this, I sold my beautiful fender Stratocaster on Craig's List two days ago and have one dollar in my pocket and 78 cents in the bank.
I am paying on (or trying to) 2 small loans, credit card payments and interest on some knives and tools I put in the pawn shop 6 months ago.
Keeping up the interest on pawned items chaps my arse to no end. Luckily I know the people at all three pawn/gun shops so if I am a little late they don't sweat it. You have 90 days before stuff is pulled but I make a payment on all the stuff just to get me by a month.
Three knives have been in since November so the interest has killed me but I just can't lose these knives.
I have had to rob Peter to pay Paul many times. By that I mean I have borrowed on other items to pay interest on something about to forfeit.

The thousand dollar generator I bought on my Master Card has already been sold as well as a third of my knife collection, guitar(s) and amplifier.

$400 bass guitar
$750 guitar
$860 amp
$1000 generator
apprx $2000 in knives
All this gone at an incredible loss, just a fraction of what I paid.
No idea what I have spent on interest and late fees.

On a more pleasant note I am still seeing my new girl and I am ass-over-tea kettle in love with her.
When she tells me she loves me in her heavy accent I go outta my frickin' mind. :lol:
Although it kind of hurts, one thing that helps keep us strong is the fact she works from 5pm to 1:30am so we spend little time together and it makes the little time we do spend special.

Sorry everyone, I know I sound like a school boy with a new crush and no one wants to hear a grown man spill about a woman.

Pete if you are reading this, she speaks three languages besides English, one being Russian. She lived there for a while.
She still has not cooked for me because of how our free time clashes. She is a picky eater and I tell her I can't wait to have the duck egg with the almost fully developed bird,feathers and all and she shakes her head in disgust.
But honestly, I would rather eat a fried goat butthole than that nasty sh*t. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(food)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Be sure to fry the goat butthole until it's crispy, chew twice then swallow. Hope that it doesn't come back up.
2024 candidate for president
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Sounds like you have one classy lady there, best you hang on to her!
I hear several languages here but I don't think I've heard any Russian, at least I don't think so, hell, wouldn't matter as I don't know what it sounds like anyway.:-)
I'm with you on the egg birds, I love squid, octopus, any kind of raw tuna, marlin, salmon, but no way am I eating an egg bird!
If you get a chance see if she has a recipe for beef kelaguen, you can make it with fish or chicken too, the beef and the fish go in raw but the chicken has to be steamed first, also if she has a recipe for lumpia, those are to die for!!!

Best of luck with this little lady, sound like you've got a keeper there!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Well guys, forget all that bullshit I wrote above. The little Asian girl dropped my punk ass like a sack of crap tonight. (about 1:30 am over the phone)
So much for all that gushing and sweet talk nonsense I spewed up there.
Amazing what turn of events can occur in a matter of seconds.

All I got to say right now is f*** this cruel-ass world right square in it's back side.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Damn Dave, sounds like you would be better off just forgetting about getting a steady girl, just rent one once in a while, it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

When it rains, it pours.

My first x girlfriend (school teacher) has been wanting me to do "odd jobs" for her lately.
My x girlfriend (bar tender) has been texting me lately and even wanted me to come over this morning.
Now the little Asian wants to come over tonight and drink some Italian wine.

Guess they just can't get enough of daddy :lol:
First x, Odd jobs= real work such as cleaning gutters and repairing the deck.
Second x, odd jobs= Well, that is for another forum 8)
Asian babe, Same as above but all night long and somehow there is always a circus bear, inversion boots, hula hoop and a 55 gallon drum involved.
Not sure what that's all about.... I never have any memory of the night before and wake up with the taste of baby oil in my mouth.
I just tell myself I had fun and that everything is going to be aaaall-right.

When the only words out of the ER doctor's mouth are "Sweet Mary Mother Of All That Is Sacred" and quotes Ave Maria, you know it can't be good.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Probably time to take a break from the women and work on getting yourself back on track. Dig yourself out of your hole. Not much fun but necessary sometimes.
sammy the blade

You probably should use the head on your shoulders to think with. Ain't no fun but you'll be better off in the long run. Get your shit in order then worry about a woman, they're just like us, a dime a dozen. Good luck Dave.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Dave,

You posted: "First x, Odd jobs= real work such as cleaning gutters and repairing the deck." I presume that means real money as well as something you have to focus on to get the job done, which is maybe a good thing for you right now, I don't know...

Jim
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

All three of you guys are my good friends. (sorry bout that guys)
All comments are very good advice but here is my game plan- My financial situation is just going to have to play itself out because it is beyond my control. No one is beating my door down, it's not like that. I just keep my head above water for now and deal the best I can.

My mom's (May 17,1934/84yo) Alzheimer's is what it is. I have no control over that and my dad (May 9,1933/85) is still doing pretty good.
I do everything in my power to help them. Cook, clean, laundry,store runs etc. So that part is all that matters to me.

As for the women, here's how I see it. I have bent over backwards for two of them, and all other directions for the third. 8)
The school teacher has been a good friend....until whatever that thing is that makes a woman bat-sh*t, bi-polar nutso for no reason at all.
then we are off for 6 months again.
Ok? Tired of that unstable mindset crap (pot calling kettle black here) but damn there is never a happy medium.

The bartender girl helped me reach my financial defeat, BUT, she put some kind of spell on me with her sorcery because I can't get her outta my skull.
Talk about bat-sh*t nuts. I am a very laid back person but man do I miss the action-packed, wall banging, glass breaking, ass slapping nights we had, then go for a moonlight ride under the stars on a hot July night.
Fact: She has a ridiculous IQ of like 168 and a photographic memory. I wrote like 14 random two digit numbers down on paper and flashed it to her for five seconds. I laughed and said ok smarty, tell me what they were. She said I will one further and list them to you backwards. She did and I was dumbfounded.

The latest chapter is the Asian Invasion. She is the most difficult of the three to read. Now that she gets my warped humor she jokes about our differences more than I do.
I have already rambled enough.

Bottom line. I am focusing on my folks, myself and whatever I can milk these chicks for(midnight calls)...and Jim it sure ain't money although Sherry (school teacher) has sure helped me out many years financially. 100 bucks here, 500 there when I was late on my taxes and so on.
No I am not going to "use" them for cash, I don't play that game. I have to deal with all this other shit anyway, why not go to sleep at night with a smile?

Thank you guys. Seriously, thank you from the pit of my busted heart.
Now where is that circus bear?
sammy the blade

Stick to your plan and things should work out. Good luck though, my experience with women are that those problems don't get better until the problem one's are no longer in the picture. Man gotta do wata a man gotta do.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

just tell'em if ya callin for a booty call i'll be rite over, anything else, ya busy watchin the grass grow.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"