Ole Viking Update

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Ole Viking Update

Post by sammy the blade »

TRYKER wrote:just tell'em if ya callin for a booty call i'll be rite over, anything else, ya busy watchin the grass grow.

That should work perfectly! Don't forget to tell them that they have to leave when you're through.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Geez, Dave, your story makes Joe Btfsplk sound positively blessed in all things. Take care of yourself and your folks. The women thing will work itself out once you are centered. At one time I too had to sell stuff I thought I would never part with. But those are things. Things can be replaced...in time. Hang in there.
sammy the blade

natcherly wrote:Geez, Dave, your story makes Joe Btfsplk sound positively blessed in all things. Take care of yourself and your folks. The women thing will work itself out once you are centered. At one time I too had to sell stuff I thought I would never part with. But those are things. Things can be replaced...in time. Hang in there.
Who in the hell is Joe Btfsplk if you don't mind me asking?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Part of what I said is kidding, part is truth. Not going to invest time in trying to please everyone, just take care of the folks first.
Don't think I will even mention the 23 year old that's been chasing me 8)

But seriously anyone besides myself see a rapid decline in my judgement, rationality and overall mental state?
Yeah, it started about ten years before I joined this forum and progressively got worse by the day. :lol:
For starters, what kind of fruitcake comes to a knife collector forum to hang his dirty laundry?

As for selling stuff, I am past that. It hurt but now I have shifted focus on things that really matter...like whether or not she's going to let me when I am pecking on her window at 2 in the morning. :lol:
I think I make jokes to avoid the reality of the situation. Comic relief.

I have had to step-up my game plan dealing with my mom's situation.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

sammy the blade wrote:
natcherly wrote:Geez, Dave, your story makes Joe Btfsplk sound positively blessed in all things. Take care of yourself and your folks. The women thing will work itself out once you are centered. At one time I too had to sell stuff I thought I would never part with. But those are things. Things can be replaced...in time. Hang in there.
Who in the hell is Joe Btfsplk if you don't mind me asking?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Btfsplk

You can tell the age of someone ifin they know Joe or not :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Wow, I used to read that comic every day in the paper when I was a kid but don't remember Joe.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Don't worry, my head is pretty screwed up but you won't be reading about me going to Wal Mart with a Viking axe :lol:

Heck no, I see a best selling book in the making. Better yet a movie.
Even though it was before my time I remember Joe Btfsplk, poor guy meant well but he just couldn't get it right. Dave Btfsplk

Me and the Asian are back on, even better than ever. She is very hard to read but she has difficulty figuring me out too. Can you imagine that?
I am starting to get her sense of humor. She teases me when we go out. So big bear likes to be seen with his little Asian lady?
Can't help but laugh at that. She knows all about the "Asian fixation" so many men have but it frustrates her that I don't get it.
I just jokingly say I didn't even know you were Asian until you mentioned it. Just thought you had a speech problem and didn't want to bring attention to it :lol:
She smacked me pretty good.
sammy the blade

Roll with it, you only live once.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

sammy the blade wrote:Roll with it, you only live once.
Friday evening and all day/night Saturday, both till daylight....at that rate I better take all I can get, I may not live too long. 8)
sammy the blade

Yeah, but what a way to go!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Last weekend I went out drinking and bar hopping with my neighbor after finding out my biopsy was positive. It had been awhile and I figured out quick Sunday morning that I'm way to old for that anymore...
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

whippersnapper wrote:Last weekend I went out drinking and bar hopping with my neighbor after finding out my biopsy was positive. It had been awhile and I figured out quick Sunday morning that I'm way to old for that anymore...
never to old Terry.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Viking45 wrote:Friday evening and all day/night Saturday, both till daylight....at that rate I better take all I can get, I may not live too long. 8)
Sounds like you have the stamina thing worked out :mrgreen:
sammy the blade

Could be she likes to be on top!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I guess I should stop referring to her as the Asian. Her name is CC.
We went to dinner Saturday and then for drinks. She is a soldier. She had a Margarita, two glasses of wine and some young chick came over and bought us shots.

Terry, you are not too old, you are just too smart. Bars are no place to be.