Just for Eric

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Just for Eric

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Keith Richards dies and goes to hell. He wakes up across from the devil, who's in a big chair wearing a $16,000 Armani suit.

The devil says, "Well, Keith, here you are and this is where you will spend eternity, and frankly I don't think you humans truly grasp the meaning of that word. Let's put it this way; it's a long time, but you know I've always dug your music, in fact, feel like a lot of it was inspired by me, so I'm gonna cut you a slide. Get your amp and guitar and come with me."

So they walk along this flaming corridor filled with screaming, wailing people. The devil points to a cave and says, "Welcome home." Richards goes in and shortly thereafter Jimi Hendricks walks in and plugs his guitar in. Then Dwayne Allman and Stevie Ray Vaughn come in and plug in their guitars. Then Duck Dunn plugs his base in, and Johnny Johnson sits down at the piano. Richards perks up and thinks, "Shit, this is gonna be fine."

Then from behind the drums Karen Carpenter says, "O.K....'Close To You'...one, two, three..."
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: Just for Eric

Post by sammy the blade »

That's not funny!!!!! Putting her in the band is just, awful I guess.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Jimi doing "Close to You" brings up some interesting visual images. And the sound!

When I saw him at UCLA in 68, he blew the circuit breakers feeding some of his amps. Plenty loud for me, but he insisted that to get the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience" the complete set of Marshalls needed to be on line. They found another circuit to use. My ears buzzed for a couple of days....
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Saw Ted Nugent and couldn't hear anything until the next day.
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I have seen the Rolling Stones 50+ time's, in the state's ,Canada,and over the pond a few time's,I did play the skin's for 30 year's but now that I have a bad heart I just can not play at all,Keith will out live us ALL,like I said ,nice try ALFRED,only kidding. Eric
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

hey Sammy,I show the WHO back in 1975,15th row dead center,my ear;s rang for a few daze,grate show,with Keith Moon the loon on drum's.