Please pray for Omega's wife

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
omega

Re: Please pray for Omega's wife

Post by omega »

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your kindness and concern, but most of all your prayers. Sharon has awakened from her 10 day coma. They have removed her from the ventilator, cardiac pacemaker and other apparatus. She still has some horrific injuries, but she's a fighter and SHE WILL LIVE! There are surgeries and disability ahead. Her hospitalization will be measured in months. Her MRI brain scan confirms a series of strokes, the full effect of which is too early to predict.

Even with all of her challenges ahead, her sense of humor remains. Her first spoken word to a pain in the ass family member was to lovingly mouth the word "BITCH." I would expect that by today, some of her fine motor skills will return, allowing her to fling feces, bedpans and other detritus at anyone mentioning the name "Donald Trump." Some have speculated it will be necessary to reinsert the ventilator breathing tube just to shut her up in order to restore sanity and decorum to the ICU. She is already demanding that Dave Sause (I Like Stilettos) sign over his new corvette to her, replacing her totalled Ford Taurus.

Today is my birthday. God has gifted me with the finest present one could hope for - the return of the love of my life.

Warmly,

Chris Edwards (Omega) :D
1220201.jpg
1220201.jpg (57.55 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great news on Sharon's progress. I'm keeping good thoughts for both of you for your complete recovery.
DonC
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Excellent, Chris and Sharon. The prayers continue unabated. I joking offered the Vette to my eldest grandson (16) after Loretta killed me for buying it, to which his mother replied, "Aren't I your favorite?" The latest claim was the 8 year old grandson who wants it as soon as he turns 16. The line forms behind them and the owner of the Mexican restaurant and the counter girl at Church's Chicken who asks even when I drive a different car. Bring a knife, the fight is going to be bloody.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
omega

Post by omega »

ILikeStilettos wrote:Excellent, Chris and Sharon. The prayers continue unabated. I joking offered the Vette to my eldest grandson (16) after Loretta killed me for buying it, to which his mother replied, "Aren't I your favorite?" The latest claim was the 8 year old grandson who wants it as soon as he turns 16. The line forms behind them and the owner of the Mexican restaurant and the counter girl at Church's Chicken who asks even when I drive a different car. Bring a knife, the fight is going to be bloody.
Well, Dave, with her driving skills, perhaps its best that she is without wheels for awhile. No way am I letting her behind the wheel of my V6 Eclipse.

I'll be car shopping once she can drive again. May have to spring for a custom paint job: Like a nice dayglo orange so other drivers can see her coming. Perhaps a nice Federal Visabar on the roof with bright yellow LED flashing beacons. Let us not overlook the vanity tag reading "CRASH N BURN!"
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I am so happy for you Chris,from what you said, your wife is a fighter,I will still pray that Sharon get;s better very soon,btw Dave told me that he will give Sharon the VETTE! lol. all the best .Eic
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Glad your wife is on the mend! Prayers sent.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

My best friend from high school, Gerry P., told me (not without a healthy dose of cynicism), that 90% of Corvette owners were old, fat, and preferably bald. Moreover, you weren't a member of the club unless you had a ball cap or jacket AND a vanity plate.

I have this: (and hoodies emblazoned with logos for Loretta and I)

and this: (Please note the sentiment expressed goes back to the primary criterion Gerry mentioned.)

Then I bought a couple of these to take to "Coffee and Cars" events, but found only one at a time would fit into the car ...

I resent what Gerry said; I'm goddammed unique, just like everybody else!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
That really is the most wonderful birthday gift anyone could ever ask for! I am so happy for the both of you. Keep that positive attitude it’s a long road ahead but it will be worth it. I hope your wife has the speediest recovery ever.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
john

Post by john »

:lol: Oh by the way, the only way anyone is getting Dave’s Corvette keys is when someone can walk over and pry the keys out of his rigor mortis clenched fist. Just kidding :wink: the keys will probably be in his pocket, but it’s the stiletto you won’t be able to get out of his hand. :lol:
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I forgot, happy birthday
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Happy Birthday Chris.
omega

Post by omega »

Thanks guys! I got a little birthday cash from family today. I thinking that needs to earmarked for cheap whiskey and nasty women......... oh wait. My testicles are still in Sharon's purse.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Great news, Chris, and Many Happy Returns on your birthday.
omega wrote:...I would expect that by today, some of her fine motor skills will return, allowing her to fling feces, bedpans and other detritus at anyone mentioning the name "Donald Trump."

I actually get this way too when someone mentions Hillary or one of her fellow travelers in the New Hard Left Democrat Party.
omega

Post by omega »

That, Mr. Natcherly, I fully understand. My own views are not dissimilar from yours and I didn't want to vote either ticket last year. Sharon calls him "Cheeto McTweeto," and SCREAMS at the TV whenever Trump's image is broadcast. Gonna have to lay in some Propofol in advance of next year's State of the Union Address.

Thanks for the birthday wish. Having Sharon out of the house and the night to myself, I busy lovingly cleaning and lubing firearms and every bit of springsteel I own on her cherished dining room table. :)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Great news and prayers for continued progress.

Jim