Good clean cheap fun

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Good clean cheap fun

Post by jim d, »

Yesterday it was 75 degrees F and sunny here in my part of N.C. A friend and I took 5 kids (11-15) out to another friends property for a .22 fest. I brought about 400 rounds and a bunch of soup, fruit etc. cans. We shot the single shot youth model bolt action I bought with paper route money when I was 12, and my Remington pump Fieldmaster.

As I have long contended, .22's and cans comprise one of life's simple but great pleasures. We had a perfect setup; a 60 foot vertical dirt bank as a backstop with small trees in front so we could put the cans on twigs and watch them spin when hit.

And to think that there are those that believe that I was contributing to the delinquency of minors :x

Jim
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Sounds like a good day Jim and the kids will never forget it. I know I haven't and my Dad did it with me.

Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I agree, it's the kind of thing kids won't forget; my father started me with a .22 conversion in his Colt 1911 auto, and left a lasting impression with his lectures on gun safety, how to shoot, things I should know about women, etc.
Heinlein said something interesting once; there are no juvenile delinquents, only delinquent adults. If someone takes the time to teach kids the difference between right and wrong, and gives them a good role model, they're less likely to make up their own rules, or be overly influenced by their peers.
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

Now that you have got the litlle darlings attention with firepower, break out the 7.62 x 39 and show them a real good time.

No alcohol for those under 13 years old. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

no alcohol! i always thought that was why they called them assault rifles.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Let us not forget the joy of sharing the ' William Tell apple on the head with 12 gauge' show. That'll get those pesky suitors a bobbin' and a weavin', 'eh?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
missaman

Post by missaman »

I rember with great fondness days like that spent with my dad :D
The fact that he worked seven days a week made it even more special
8)
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

for me it was my dad, unc and grandfather- they all came. I guess they thought I needed all 3 to teach me :roll: :twisted: