Latest From My World

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Latest From My World

Post by Viking45 »

Many of you know I had a girlfriend of about 20 some years. I keep much of my private life to myself but we split up in 2011 but remained very close and saw each other on a regular basis, that is until about May possibly June when I met someone new.

Her name is Karen and she is a certified electrician, computer technician, automotive mechanic and she even attended the Bartending School in Denver. (lots more I can't even think of right now)
Not a huge thing really, it's a week or two but it's cool she has that. Works at the main office of a bank and tends bar at night and her days off.
She also makes many of her own clothes at home.
She is one of those people that almost never stops moving, hell I feel lazy around her. About two months ago I woke up about 7ish in the morning and looked all over for her and she was under her car cutting,grinding and repairing the exhaust.
Same thing happened earlier this summer, I woke up looking for her and she was on the patio with the lawn mower tore apart and in about 30 minutes I hear it start and she's mowing.
Her oven went out but the stove top worked, again I wake to sounds of tools banging and she has taken some kind of electronic panel out of the back and used some kind of circuit tester (hell I don't know what it was) and fixed the oven.

The best part she is scary smart, incredibly gorgeous,sexy(all leg),we have great chemistry and loves to ride on my bike.
She told me she saw me many times and just listened to my conversations with the girls and my biker buddies and knew she wanted to meet me.
(I had her fooled,she said she liked my intelligent conversations ,haa,seriously? Holy f-ing hell :lol: Musta been my look-alike)

We spoke a few times and she even hit on me numerous times but I was afraid to get into a relationship but she was persistent and finally one night at a party she finally got me.
We started seeing each other but I kept telling her I didn't want a relationship and her answer was "yeah,you said that already" then one night it hit me- I was madly in love with her and didn't even know it until that moment. I saw her jet black hair shining in the moonlight and her eyes sparkle as we stood next to her car. I was done. no more fight left in me,we haven't been apart since.
I woke that morning and reached for my sunglasses and helmet and she had written "I love you Dave" on the lenses.
Sorry to ramble on like a high school boy with his first crush but that's really how I feel at times.

It's tough but I try to spend every second I can with Karen but I still have to help my folks out as much as possible.
Dad told me mom has wandered off to the neighbors a few times and tells them a mean old man is in her house.
We may have to put some latches on the doors to prevent this. Luckily they live on a quiet cul de sac and all the neighbors know about her condition
(stage 4 Alzheimer's)

Oh well I haven't spent much time here and you guys know me I always ramble on too much but that's where I'm at right now.
Sorry if this was too much information but I feel like a kid again...you already knew I had the mind of a juvenile. :lol:
sammy the blade

Re: Latest From My World

Post by sammy the blade »

Good luck with everything, you only live once so make it count! Hope it all works out for you.
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

12 years younger Sam, it's all I can do to keep up with her.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's great Dave! You sound so happy and that's what it's all about. I'm glad for you!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Good luck Dave!!!! I have been single for many years, and have not really fell for any one woman again.....I have dated tons of them, but not the right one....I think Bill Joel got where you are now with this song......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_XgQhMPeEQ
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

It was great to read your post Dave. I have noticed that you have been a bit mia and honestly I was worried about you. It was so great to read that not only it wasn't something negative, but that it was something positive that has been keeping you busy :D

Jim
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Dave

Just glad your well my freind

It seems to me as we get older life starts to throw test after test with health ,illnesses to loved ones and bereavements so i'm glad you have found someone that makes you feel young at heart again and gives you an escape .

My advice......Take what makes you happy with both hands and dont let it go.
I know you have had a hard time of late so you deserve a little happiness my freind and i wish you all the best for the future .

Glad to see you posting again mate and hope to speak soon.

Ian
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sounds like a keeper,butt, what do i know i thought the same thing about both my X wives :| :| :|
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Dave, you are some sorta chick magnet! Sounds like a winner for sure, but I must ask, what happened to that other long legged beauty, Kayla?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I liked Kayla too! From my experience the hotter they are the higher the maintenance. Looks like Karen does her own maintenance, a real keeper!!!
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Thanks so much Jim, that meant a lot coming from you.
And a huge thanks to Tom, Sam, Jules, David and David Jr, you guys are awesome.
Ian my brother, I appreciate your words. I have learned to love and enjoy things but never take them for granted.
I'm going take this new relationship one day at a time and try my best to not make the same mistakes I've made in the past.

David and Sam I still see Kayla but as a friend only. Karen knows Kayla and does NOT like the idea that she modeled on "her" seat :lol:
chick magnet? It does seem strange how many younger (much younger) girls have came onto me and flirts....gotta be the bike.
Kayla is a bartender at the bar called Soft Tails and Karen is the bartender/manager at the newer Ace's Place. Two of my good buddies opened it about 3 or 4 months ago. Both are dives but lots of really good people hang out there, mostly biker-types.
Both owners carry and the two doormen/bouncers carry so I feel Karen is in good hands because I know the two guys that work the door,they are brothers and own a security company.
They take turns watching the door and the other sits at the only entrance to the bar where Karen is.

There are two pubs I go to that hire only female bartenders and cater to bikers. In fact there are lots of clubs that hang out there- Midwest Drifters, Master Links (not to be confused with Missing Links), Galloping Goose, Mongols and a few others.
Mongols have a very bad reputation for fighting but around here they lay low. I pulled in late one night and saw a guy standing next to his bike on the outer corner of the parking lot and then noticed another at the other corner (guards or sentinel) then two more at the front corners.

Then I notice about 20 Mongols (mostly from Arkansas and Tennessee) in the center and all the girls outside on the patio were nervous and even some customers were uneasy. Hell I grabbed a beer and walked out to hear several people say don't go over there Dave. When I approached the group they all closed in on one man forming a wall of bodies around him but said nothing. I said hey fellas how's it going and the leader stepped out from the wall of leather vests and came right up with a smile, introduced himself and shook my hand, then the others one by one came over shook my hand and stood and talked for a good 15 minutes.

As I walked back to the bar crowd to my bike one of the Mongols came running over to me and handed me a Mongol patch.
Karen was with me that night and said a bunch of people told her I was crazy for going over there. She laughed and said you all watch to much tv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galloping ... cycle_Club
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Glad you are doing good, Dave!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

It certainly looks like the yum-yum factor is being satisfactorily stimulated in your world. All you need is 1 more gal whose name starts with 'K' to complete a trio. You could call the gang KKK! I always found it amusing that I was more attractive to women when I had another one on my arm, or one the back of my bike. Have fun, stay independent, and stay in the wind.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

sound;s like you have a good thing going,all the best.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Well so much for that, I wanted to stay home last night (Saturday) and Karen wanted to go out and see her friends at the club so I said go ahead but please come home at a decent hour. 2:30 this morning I get a text saying she got a call from her sister and that she was going to her house.
Woke this morning at 5 to an empty bed. So I packed my trash and got the hell outta Dodge.
I had the best 7 months I can ever recall but I can't deal with this kind of crap. You think you know something about a person only to have it end in heartache.
Easy come easy go they say....but nothing about this is easy. Thanks for the kind words everyone, life will go on and I have some great memories but damn I'm going to miss those long legs 8)