Latest From My World

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Latest From My World

Post by sammy the blade »

Sux Dave, but there's always another one. Just wasn't meant to be. Nothing good lasts forever.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm very sorry to hear you're sad Dave, but, hear me now and believe me later...time heals the pain. Please, give yourself the time.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Thanks Sam and JV, we have all tasted heart break at one time but one can never get used to the way it feels at first.
This ain't my first rodeo, I know the risks of falling for someone I met at a bar. I'm no saint but I have always been faithful to the woman I am with.
When a girl stays out all night it's a safe bet she ain't baking cookies at grandma's house.

To add insult to injury my xgirlfriend told me today my beloved Sophia (dog) is in very poor health and things are looking pretty bad.
Boy I tell ya, when it comes down it comes down hard.

Visited my folks today after Karen pulled her all-nighter just to talk with someone that cares and my mom didn't know who I was.
Tell you what, I'm holding my head up and going to plow straight into this cluster-f**k called life and take whatever it throws at me.

This pic was taken several years ago and is hard to look at right now.
Sophia.jpg
Sophia.jpg (158.7 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
sammy the blade

Your dog too, that really sucks!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Geez. what else can go wrong. My mom had Alzheimer's and toward the end didn't know who I was either. Some things you can fix, some you can't.

How about focusing on Sophia to see if you can help her?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

It's truly amazing how whether I was 16, or 46, the breakups have always hurt just as much. You'd think it would get easier after the 20th one, but nope! I've learned my partial healing time is about 3 months. But, losing my dog hurt more than any one of the women. Lots more fond memories of my dog, which I can't even remember every girl's name lol.
Here's a quote that I wish I could remember in the times I've been through: "in three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." - Robert Frost.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Final note: I see the future and it's wide open.
Didn't say I can predict it, just saying I won't allow myself to be hurt again...at least with this girl.

At this point in life, broke, sad, alone and gas in the horse.....open the candy jar I'm going in to the elbow.

Gonna take a big broom to run me out.

Edit: I spent over 30 mins last night explaining how we are giving it another go.
I was using a phone so it took a long time and then lost the whole thing.
sammy the blade

All you can do, keep on keepin on!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I was a bouncer in a few bar's in s.e. CT,I would see this go on all the time,and I was part of it to,you have a lot going one right now,keep your head up,it will all work out Bro.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

women are like buses Dave, they'll be another one along in 12 minutes, best thing to do when you pick one up is stick by the four F rule, that worked well for me after my divorce in 95, when you get my age, 70 plus, then start thinking about a serious relationship!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I'll come back when I am on my computer and tell the latest.
Typing on this phone is tedious and annoying.

Pete I like your advice, that be why I am early 50's and never been married but was with my last one for about 20 years so I know what the married life is about, just minus the paper.
sammy the blade

Probably shouldn't worry about a keeper for awhile. From my experience the independent one's are the flighty one's, they can get by without you and if they look good finding another guy is easy. Some people can't stand to be alone.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Sammy's right Dave. Hopefully, you can fix broke and sad fast, but I would put off working on the alone part for a while. It's a delicate time for you right now. Easier said than done, I know. Last thing needed is a rebound thing going on.
*Edit*...Oh, did I just re-read that you decided to try again, with her?

Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Viking45 wrote: So I packed my trash and got the hell outta Dodge.
Mr. Viking,

Oh boy, when they hoist the red flag, run like hell! Good job. A life of pain is no life at all.

Hang in there.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Karen and I are hanging in there but stress levels are high.
Finances are extremely bad, not sure what we are going to do.
I may have to sell some of my treasured posessions like one of my guitars, some knives or even my Fender guitar amp (pics under "Blues Deluxe" thread.

On top of all this my beloved Sophia is gone.
My x-girlfriend had her cremated and ashes in a beautiful wood box, possibly rose wood?

As I said before I will find a way, baby needs a new pair of shoes 8)

Thank you guys for the kind words and spiritual support.
Means a lot to me.