A Trip To Brazil

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

A Trip To Brazil

Post by JulesVane »

Hi All...I'll be taking a 3 week trip to Brazil and Argentina. Leaving 10/19 and returning 11/10. We have family there, so hopefully, there are some known knife shops I can be directed to. Just wondering if any members know of autos that may be unique to these places and otherwise hard to find. Certainly not going to look for a Frank B lol. The only part of an auto I'm aware of from Brazil is scale material lol. I'll probably find some gas station POS, but at least I can say "I got it in Brazil" (or Argentina) lol. You guys have some time to think up anything and a pic would be worth much more than words...Thanks!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Re: A Trip To Brazil

Post by METALGOD »

yep years ago there were lots of Coricama picklocks and transitionals coming from there well not alot but there were quite a few , man Brazil sounds cool have a great fun in the sun safe time there :)
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

just have a good time and be safe.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks guys! My Brother-In-Law does antiques there as his business, but not of the bladed variety. But, one never knows who he knows.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Not been there but Brazil is a beautiful country but can be very dangerous. Don't wander far from the beaten path.
Have fun and be careful.

All my searches came up Italian and some American knives with Brazilian horn scales and mostly fixed blade knives from custom makers.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Viking45 wrote:
All my searches came up Italian and some American knives with Brazilian horn scales and mostly fixed blade knives from custom makers.
Thanks Dave! Same here. If I search Knives from Brazil, all I get is Brazilian Horn scales as well.