Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Hard to believe that 16 years have past. I had been out buying a truck and when I got home and turned the tv on I thought it was a movie. It changed our country, with all the homeland security and armed guards at the monuments in DC they got just what they wanted. For us to live with the fear like they do. Guess it was a long time coming.
2024 candidate for president
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Re: 911

Post by tr4252 »

I agree with you. What's so surprising to me is that it took so long for somebody to think of trying such a stupid simple tactic. What's scary it that so many other things in everyday life can be turned against us.

The problem has always been that to fight on more or less even terms, you have to resort to the same fanaticism as the enemy. We don't want to lose that much of our humanity though ( I hope ).

I've still got faith, but it fades a little some times.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
sammy the blade

They say fight fire with fire but to sink to that level is scary to me. People with those beliefs can't be reasoned with. They thing they will get 12 virgins in heaven for it. To bad for them but they weren't told the virgins are going to stay virgins. The only way to deal with them is to kill them, but it's to bad that innocent people will die in the process. Our politicians have stuck there noses where they didn't belong and a lot of innocent people paid with their lives. Such a shame!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

nobody told them that those 12 virgins were 6'6'' rednecks all named bubba. lol
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

sammy the blade wrote:They say fight fire with fire but to sink to that level is scary to me. People with those beliefs can't be reasoned with. They thing they will get 12 virgins in heaven for it. To bad for them but they weren't told the virgins are going to stay virgins. The only way to deal with them is to kill them, but it's to bad that innocent people will die in the process. Our politicians have stuck there noses where they didn't belong and a lot of innocent people paid with their lives. Such a shame!
I went to a Catholic school and they sold us the same garbage; you die for God or country, you go straight to heaven. A nice way to set people up to obey any so called leader, without any option to say "Wait, that's wrong, I don't want to do it". Thing is, the guys on the other side were indoctrinated from childhood just like we were. If things were different, maybe I would have blown myself up with a bunch of non believers when I was 10, if the parish priest said so. Now, I believe in God, but some fairy in a black suit and roman collar hasn't got a chance of telling me what to do. It took decades to figure it out, though.

Mostly I agree with you about the politicians sticking their noses in. Un says they will sink Japan and fix our wagon too. Trump says we may have to totally destroy North Korea. Some great peacemaking.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
sammy the blade

I don't think it's korea, just Kim needs destroyed. People in Korea can go to prison for almost nothing. Why even think about destroying a country? Hopefully it's the Don blowing off. I'm afraid he could get us in to something that won't be in America's best interests. He's dealing with someone that's not all there in the first place. I have no solution but destroying an entire country isn't the answer. That's why we have special force's.