Asking for prayers.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Asking for prayers.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have just gone through 12 weeks of pain and suffering since I had 18 of my teeth extracted. Tomorrow will mark my 7th day with dentures. (I had my first "adjustment" on the first of August).

The pain and readjustment haven't been fun.

Thanks to all.
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Re: Asking for prayers.

Post by JulesVane »

Oh my God...The mouth is such a sensitive area and the dentist is one of my least favorite people in the world. I can only cringe at the amount of pain and discomfort you must be going through. I'm so sorry. I hope it will settle down soon and put an end to your suffering. I'm sure time is the only remedy. Hang in there friend.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Good luck, hope your better soon!
2024 candidate for president
DonC

Post by DonC »

I've been a "dentalphobe" since a bad experience at age 5 so what you're going through sets my teeth on edge. I feel for you.
DonC
john

Post by john »

I feel for you; pain is HORRIBLE. I've had my fair share and more. But this is about you and I hope you feel better really soon. Will your doctor prescribe pain meds? Ask and you may receive.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

I know your pain and suffering. I also underwent the torture :twisted: And upon the pain and suffering, after paying in full, they bill me for financing!
sammy the blade

You might try some ambasol, or some oxycoton if you can get it.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sorry for ya pain, did ya save ya teeth ??? i've saved all mine, might make a necklass for da blonde/grey.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

TRYKER wrote:sorry for ya pain, did ya save ya teeth ??? i've saved all mine, might make a necklass for da blonde/grey.

Thinkin he only had 18 left. Maybe a bracelet? I have receding gums so I'm in line for a set of cheater's before long and ain't lookin forward to it!!!!!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Hope you have a speedy adjustment to you new choppers.

Last time I was in SoCal, there were bill boards advertising dentists that will put you to sleep, pull the teeth and install implanted new ones all in one sitting. Ouch.
sammy the blade

Around these parts that will run you a little over $1000 per tooth. I'd have to hit a lotto to be Abel to afford a set of choppers like that!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Fishtail my good freind.
I can feel the pain for you over here in England.
There are many pains i'd rather suffer than the drilling and scratching of teeth so hats off to you and prayers sent.
Hope your well apart from this.

Ian
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

prayers at full speed to you,I hope that you got some pain med's,our try a ice pack,feel better soon.