Faith In Youth Restored

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Faith In Youth Restored

Post by Viking45 »

Last Saturday my girlfriend drove to a natural food market and purchased 7 bags of groceries only to find her Hyundai Tuscon would not start.
This woman has her phone with her ALL the time...except for this day.
It was a real scorcher outside almost 100 degrees and she begin the 5 mile trek home on foot when a young man about to begin his senior year in high school this fall stopped and asked her if she needed a lift.
Turns out from their chat this young man was an excellent student and Christian to boot. Sherry told him about her being an art teacher in the public schools and they really hit it off.
Turns out he wants to finish school, then ROTC in college and join the Air Force. (outstanding)

I am not saying the world has no good kids it's just that it seems a bit heart warming when one crosses our path.

Found this yesterday- http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/21 ... groceries/
JulesVane

Re: Faith In Youth Restored

Post by JulesVane »

I'm glad your girlfriend got a helping hand, safe & sound. I ran out of gas on the way home from work one night (gas gauge broken). Cold and dark, hazards on. I bet 50 cars stopped for the stop sign right next to my stranded self and not one rolled down a window. Yes, there are nice guys out there. I try not to lose faith.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Viking45 wrote:Last Saturday my girlfriend drove to a natural food market and purchased 7 bags of groceries only to find her Hyundai Tuscon would not start.
This woman has her phone with her ALL the time...except for this day.
It was a real scorcher outside almost 100 degrees and she begin the 5 mile trek home on foot when a young man about to begin his senior year in high school this fall stopped and asked her if she needed a lift.
Turns out from their chat this young man was an excellent student and Christian to boot. Sherry told him about her being an art teacher in the public schools and they really hit it off.
Turns out he wants to finish school, then ROTC in college and join the Air Force. (outstanding)

I am not saying the world has no good kids it's just that it seems a bit heart warming when one crosses our path.

Found this yesterday- http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/21 ... groceries/
Glad you made that post! Not often people hear about good deeds anymore.
2024 candidate for president
DonC

Post by DonC »

Good story. Hope everything worked out.
DonC
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

there are still some good People out there.