Test of Photobucket

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Test of Photobucket

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Did the picture show up? I know what Photobucket is saying and I got the email saying that some features would be disabled if I didn't upgrade - but so far everything seems to be working normally.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
JulesVane

Re: Test of Photobucket

Post by JulesVane »

Looks good from here Dave! No issues...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Nothing good lasts forever.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Photobucket is holding my photos hostage. I cannot put them on a third-party site unless I pay them $40 a month or $400 a year.
A lot of photographic history has and will be lost on this site and many more.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
Impressive trio! What's the scale material? What are you putting on the middle knife?
John
John

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

john wrote:Photobucket is holding my photos hostage. I cannot put them on a third-party site unless I pay them $40 a month or $400 a year.
A lot of photographic history has and will be lost on this site and many more.
Geez John, they really can/did do that? I had no idea! I have to maneuver through photobucket as quickly as I can because of pop-ups coming at me like bombs going off! Re-directed to God only knows what sites! Always scared of some virus lurking around the site. It's not exactly a pleasant experience to begin with, much less pay for.

EDIT: Holy cow! I just checked MY email and got the same notice about posting on 3rd-party sites.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Hi JulesVane,
The only way Photobucket will allow 3rd party posting is to pay them for the link that last month and from the first day PB went live was Free. I read somewhere that the reason for the $400. (Yearly Fee) is because people are posting photos on sites like Pinterest or Ebay selling goods and making a few dollars. I really don't think that sellers like us, who may sell an occasion knife, are making a fortune. It must be professional hi volume sellers. Spoiling a good thing for us.

Bill D suggested Tinypic. It's owned by PB, but it's free for now. I just tried it and it works. So far the only drawback is that all your photos are public you cannot create a private account and that you can only upload five photos at a time.

I will be checking other photo sharing sites.

John
John

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...Thanks John! I have not posted a whole lot of pictures, but it's sure nice to be able to and for us to see other's as well. In the meantime, I will check into Tinypic as you & Bill have kindly suggested.

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

http://www.ibtimes.com/best-cloud-photo ... ve-2337592

Here's a good analysis of potential players. Off the top, I'm leaning toward Amazon because I already have Prime. The investigation continues ...

Update:

That link is not on point, this one is:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/02/photo ... ird-party/

Amazon strictly prohibits 3rd party hosting, and while Google is neat and free, it doesn't support the image link. You can create URL's one at a time, but that means someone has to click one at a time to see them. Still looking ...

test 1

test2

test3 (thumbnail)

test4

test5

OK, imgbox works:

https://imgbox.com
Last edited by ILikeStilettos on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Imgbox allows you to create various "galleries" - like Photobucket libraries, but it renames your photos to something generic and the syntax is somewhat different - you omit the ".jpg" and a t.imgbox gives you a thumbnail while an i.imgbox gives you a full sized. Quote the previous message and you can just copy and paste the correct format.

NOTE: Photobucket says you can still log into your account and download all images, so they are not being held hostage. In my case, I kept a local copy anyway, so I'm just going to switch over to imgbox. If my past posts break, I will deal with them on a case by case basis.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
I'll give imgbox a try. Thank you for sharing your research. It can be very time consuming in order to check out several sites.
Yes, it true that I can access my photos, but PB was a free photo sharing site. Do they really have to change $400.00 per year. I don't have an extra $400. I rather buy a knife. I have all of my photos on my pc and external hard drives.
I'm not sure but I wonder if PB still provides a link to an album. It would almost be as good as posting a photo.
Dave, is that your new car. I love it. The lockback looks huge! What blade type does it have? Your dagger is lovely.
Thanks again for the imgbox tip.
John
John

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

john wrote:Hi Dave,
Dave, is that your new car. I love it. The lockback looks huge! What blade type does it have? Your dagger is lovely.
Thanks again for the imgbox tip.
John
Those are shots of multiple for sale cars (notice two are coupes, one is a convertible), I am looking for one, but haven't bought one yet. Lockback is the one from Gulraiz as is the dagger.

lockback:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24657

dagger:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24686

Best regards.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Test of image sharing site called flickr...

ImageIMG_5689 by Christopher Brady, on Flickr

well...the photo is awful, but the site seems to work. I can't believe PhotoBucket took down any/all pics I've posted. I only joined PhotoBucket in March or April and posted a total of 10 pictures or so.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

imgbox test worked.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Dave, the green hard top corvette is the bomb diggity, you should buy it! I had a 96 and couldn't believe how nice it drove out, fast and good gas mileage if you kept your foot out of it. I can imagine the improvements they have made in them 21 years later. I'll bet it's a monster.
2024 candidate for president