Screwed

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Screwed

Post by Viking45 »

As a wood worker I have been using coated "star" bit screws in my furniture for years.

But as of five days ago I say "screw you" Henry Phillips :lol:
Planning a week-end ride but your product "screwed" me over.

Picked up a screw on the way home.
Attachments
DSCN4757.JPG
DSCN4757.JPG (302.92 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
sammy the blade

Re: Screwed

Post by sammy the blade »

If you don't have tubes in your tires you can plug it. Or spend over $150 for a new tire plus mounting, balance, and putting it back on your bike. I'd try plugging it yourself, or you could pull the screw and put a tube in it. If you take it to Harley you'll probably have $250 or more in it. If you have a bike lift or know someone who does take the wheel of and take it to the shop. Probably save you $60 or $70, flat on a car is a whole lot simpler. As we all know HD stands for hundred dollars.
2024 candidate for president
Warrior40

Post by Warrior40 »

That's very unfortunate. Same thing happened to me, but the culprit was a nail.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Where you at, Dave? Been 3 weeks since we have seen you.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

[quote="whippersnapper"]Where you at, Dave? Been 3 weeks since we have seen you.[/quote

He's been at the Harley shop trying to work off the bill they charged him for fixing the tire :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
redeye

Post by redeye »

sammy the blade wrote:If you don't have tubes in your tires you can plug it. Or spend over $150 for a new tire plus mounting, balance, and putting it back on your bike. I'd try plugging it yourself, or you could pull the screw and put a tube in it. If you take it to Harley you'll probably have $250 or more in it. If you have a bike lift or know someone who does take the wheel of and take it to the shop. Probably save you $60 or $70, flat on a car is a whole lot simpler. As we all know HD stands for hundred dollars.

H D now stands for " Hundreds of dollars" lol I know all too well I have two of them at this time always buying something for one or the other one is old and one is new 1984 FXRP customed up and a 2014 Softtail Deluxe with lots of goodies.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Been dropping in once in a while but not logging in.
The flat was almost a month ago but after a week or so I remembered I had some store credit at the HD shop- Online an inner tube can be had for as little as 14 bucks but since I had credit I went ahead and used some to get the tube, of course HD needed 34 bucks for the tube and i got lucky and found a shop called Don & Sons Cycle and they fixed it in less than 15 mins for 17 bucks so that was an excellent deal.

Been going to local "bike nights' lately. There are bike nights here in town every night of the week at different pubs and a couple cycle shops, one being an Indian dealer in the small town of Ozark. 5 bucks a cup of beer :shock: but the profits go to the Wounded Warrior project so that's cool.

I don't go every night but maybe twice a week. The best is at a bar called Drunken Monkey (dumb name) but it's a blast. Huge rock patio surrounded by shade trees and a nice privacy fence with a big open gate and the parking lot is wall-to-wall bikes and closed off so we can walk around, drink and visit with everyone.
There is a band outside on a real cool corner stage, the lay-out is very neat and my favorite part is the gorgeous brunette bartender that runs out and gives me a big hug saying "I need some love" 8)
Can't help it, the lady's love me :lol:

Pete- I try to stay away from the Harley shop, like Redeye said HD stands for "Hundred Dollars" or "High Dollar".
There are a lot of outstanding mechanics in town that does even better work for an eighth of the cost.

I miss everybody, just trying to maintain sanity from dealing with my mom's Alzheimer's, working (very little) and shuffling a half dozen girls...it's more than that but hey I don't like to brag :lol: