Happy Cinco De Mayo

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BruceS

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Post by BruceS »

My wife is Mexican(She is a citizen now 35+ years) and she likes to go have a margarita after work today. She is so accepting of my blade and gun hobbies. Followed be to many shows, never a complaint. So I will take her out for something that is important to her.

All the best.

Bruce
tequiza

Re: Happy Cinco De Mayo

Post by tequiza »

Tell her to have more than one, and if you would, please have a Corona or 3 for me :!: :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

A good Margarita may very well be my favorite drink, it has to be with quality like 1800. There are so many brands these days it's ridiculous.

Living here in southern Missouri we have had average to pretty good Mexican food but the last 20 years we have had the best I have ever tasted.
From California, Arizona, New Mexico to Texas our Jose Loco's is hands down the best I have had. Not saying I have ate at every restaurant in all these states just saying this place is amazing.
My girlfriend and I met China (Chee-na) about 15 years ago when she worked at her brothers little joint and now she has two of the most beautiful restaurants in town. When we walk in she hugs us and sometimes even waits on us personally but now they are so busy she rarely has time.
I almost always get the carne asada with grilled shrimp and I never acquired a taste for spicy foods but this has some heat to it but I can't get enough.
I was looking for some pics of the inside and found this article.
http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/b ... /91724992/
Attachments
Jose.jpg
Jose.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Nice article about what is apparently a great Mexican restaurant. My little town is blessed with no less that five (that I know of) Mexican restaurants. Here is the story. Back in the mid-90's the area was above full employment. We didn't have any (or extremely few) year round immigrants from Mexico. We did have many tobacco farms that relied heavily on migrant workers, most of whom were from Mexico. Working tobacco is hot, hard work and those that do it are good workers. Businesses that needed workers with a good work ethic but not necessarily good English skills turned to these migrant workers to hire as permanent employees because they could not find reliable employees locally - remember we were above full employment. Well one thing led to another and now we have a significant population of Mexican immigrants. Along with all this came the Mexican restaurants which I love. The service is outstanding, before butt touches chair someone is at the table with chips and salsa and takes the drink orders. The food at all of them is inexpensive and great. It is probably a good thing my wife doesn't tolerate spicy food or I would probably be going to one of the local Mexican restaurants nearly every day.

Jim
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

We have a short list of good Mexican restaurants here in Round Rock. But Edna(my wife) makes the best enchiladas and they are traditional. Sometimes even cooks in the clay pots and all.

Bruce