The Mixer

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

The Mixer

Post by Viking45 »

Been wanting to do something different. I have spent the last several weeks dealing with some very personal issues, nothing about myself but more on the family lines.
I have found myself not straying away from my folks house so much so I have set up a back room with computer and i-net, guitar and even some guns/knives and a cleaning kit to help pass the seemingly endless evenings. I say this because some evenings begin before dark and others last well into the early hours.
I'll spare the details but even my girlfriend has assured me this is the right thing to do and she encourages me and having lost both her folks it is difficult for me to ask her for anything or put any kind of burden on her in any way and yet she has held me up straight and not from outside the ring but right by my side.
This post is really more for me than anyone else, if I didn't do something to kill some time and interact with the outside world I was going on a three-state killing spree :lol:
(please don't "read" anything into that, it's my warped sense of humor)

Ok enough of that crap, I have spent endless hours at night looking at everything u8nder the sun and found a wide variety of really cool and interesting things and wanted to share them. Some pics some vids some short stories etc.
So here are some of the things I have found lately-

Found out North Korea has their own time zone/calendar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_calendar

Some strange abandoned places.

Recent photos of an abandon amusement park in Pripyat Ukraine after the Chernobyl melt down in 1986
DSC_1551.jpg
DSC_1551.jpg (684.62 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
1986-Chernobyl-disaster.jpg
1986-Chernobyl-disaster.jpg (85.59 KiB) Viewed 2052 times

102-Year-Old Floating Forest in Sydney the SS Ayrfield Homebush Bay, Australia
SS Ayrfield.jpg
SS Ayrfield.jpg (121.46 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Michigan Central Station in Detroit U.S.A.
Central Station.jpg
Central Station.jpg (197.59 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
The New Bedord Orpheum in Massachusetts built in 1912 and closed in 1959
New Bedord Orpheum.jpg
New Bedord Orpheum.jpg (262.09 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Real strange monuments from Yugoslavia (yes Professor Scientist I know it's not called Yugoslavia any more) :lol:
Apparently these things are all over the place.

http://www.cracktwo.com/2011/04/25-aban ... -look.html
Spomenik_18.jpg
Spomenik_18.jpg (110.15 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Spomenik_01.jpg
Spomenik_01.jpg (666.47 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Another view
Yugoslavian-WWII-Monument-to-the-Revolution-of-the-people-of-Moslavina.jpg
Yugoslavian-WWII-Monument-to-the-Revolution-of-the-people-of-Moslavina.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
yugoslavian-monuments-map.jpg
yugoslavian-monuments-map.jpg (118.47 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
ILikeStilettos

Re: The Mixer

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Cool pics, especially that theater.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Dave
I love this kind of thing especially the chernobyl site and strange unexplained things still left in the world.

I read a book called Chariots of the Gods by "Erich von Daniken "as a youngster and its a great read about aliens and mathematical machines found underwater way before numerics ran into these large numbers. It even worked in numbers with 17 digits ,more than we have now.
Also pictures of astronauts way before we went to space.

Another couple of things to look into if you are trawling the web Dave is the "Dylatov pass incident " and the 1940 "russian sleep experiment ".
Although the latter is purportedly an urban ledgend type it in and take a look ....its excellent.

I hope your well Dave and that things are okay at home ,i'll speak to you soon ,hope that lovely bike is on its way to getting back to rights i know you will be missing it.

Take care my freind

Ian
Attachments
astronaut.jpg
astronaut.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Russian-sleep-experiment-collage.jpg
Russian-sleep-experiment-collage.jpg (107.46 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken has been widely debunked. He himself admitted some of his evidence that purportedly showed extra terrestrial beings on carved stones was actually created by local artisan who sold the stuff to gullible tourists. Amusing read but take with plenty of salt....
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Ian I am familiar with these subjects and find them fascinating. I have already mentioned here on several occasions that I believe there is life in outer space or rather life on distant planets/galaxies etc.
Given the vastness of the universe and the fact we are still discovering new things about our tiny solar system...tiny in comparison.
Von Daniken still pushes his theory today and calls it just that- theory. he said he used over 300 question marks in his book but people tend to overlook that and call him a nut case. I agree he comes off a little fruity at times but then again they said the City of Troy was a myth.
So many unanswered questions will come to light some day.

I won't get into that because so many think it's a crackpot idea. What I will say is that ancient man had stonework technologies well beyond anything in the modern world.

I honestly do not know what to say to a person that believes this kind of precision was done with a copper chisel. Again not saying little green men helped, I'm saying ancient man had knowledge, skills and tools we know nothing about.
Luxor.jpg
Luxor.jpg (490.68 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Giant stones at Ollantaytambo in southern Peru.
Ollantaytambo.jpg
Ollantaytambo.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Personally, I think it's aliens!
2024 candidate for president
Arion48

Post by Arion48 »

gravknife wrote:Dave
I love this kind of thing especially the chernobyl site and strange unexplained things still left in the world.

I read a book called Chariots of the Gods by "Erich von Daniken "as a youngster and its a great read about aliens and mathematical machines found underwater way before numerics ran into these large numbers transfert cdg. It even worked in numbers with 17 digits ,more than we have now.
Also pictures of astronauts way before we went to space.

Another couple of things to look into if you are trawling the web Dave is the "Dylatov pass incident " and the 1940 "russian sleep experiment ".
Although the latter is purportedly an urban ledgend type it in and take a look ....its excellent.

I hope your well Dave and that things are okay at home ,i'll speak to you soon ,hope that lovely bike is on its way to getting back to rights i know you will be missing it.

Take care my freind

Ian
You're lucky to have read the book because I've been looking for it for a while.