I just ordered a United Defense Adjustable Self Defense Cane...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I just ordered a United Defense Adjustable Self Defense Cane...

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

BudK in Georgia sells them for $39.99 shipped to your door. This is an injection-molded polymer cane and the end needs to be cut off with a hacksaw to adjust it's length. You then screw the cane tip on the 7/8" shaft.

The nice part about owning this unit is that it isn't considered a weapon and can be carried anywhere. It is (technically) a walking aid. I had some Modern Arnis (Fillipino Stick Fighting) training 20 years ago, and I could use a "refresher" course. Other than that it isn't considered a "billy club" or and "impact weapon". so I can saunter anywhere (even internationally) without as much as getting a second look from law enforcement.

Stay tuned.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: I just ordered a United Defense Adjustable Self Defense Cane...

Post by sammy the blade »

You might be o k here but I wouldn't take it outside the U. S.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Look up BudK and the cane. I think that you might just change your mind. I haven't turned into a doddering old man yet. Mexican Customs has a lot more to worry about than a man with a cane. US Customs doesn't.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

As far as Amtrak is concerned, my VA doctor, authorized cane, makes this a "mobility device". According to Amtrak regulations, I can take this with me and it isn't considered a separate piece of checked baggage. This allows me to take a carry-on bag and a piece of checked baggage for clothing as well as my PD cane.

The VA is good for SOME things.

Ian: I'm absolutely certain for less than 40 quid, one of these United Defense Fully-Adjustable Self Defense Canes could lawfully be shipped to you. Cut it down (according to online recommendations) and put a Canex 7/8" Cane Tip on it and you'll be ready to begin self-defense cane training (Filipino Arnis) online. If a physician writes you a prescription, you can pick up a non-slip Canex tip at your local Apothecary.

It couldn't hurt to look online to see if you can afford an buy one. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

your cane may not go thru the x-ray machine, my cane master cane are baned
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

TRYKER wrote:your cane may not go thru the x-ray machine, my cane master cane are baned
I probably won't be flying. I'll either be taking Amtrak (with a special ticket for persons with walking aids, such as canes). They must permit me to ride the train with it, or it is a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act. (I have already checked). Since I'll have a prescription for the device, there's not much they can do to stop me from carrying it aboard. In fact, they will count it as part of my immediate personal effects. (It is Amtrak policy).
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

TRYKER wrote:your cane may not go thru the x-ray machine, my cane master cane are baned
Why would my solid polymer cane be banned on a commercial aircraft? 'splain it to me, Lucy.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i thought you were talking about a sword cane ???
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i have a wood canemaster cane with all the bells and whistles that they won't let on planes
TRYKER