Hi i am new, let me introduce myself

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jonkoman

Hi i am new, let me introduce myself

Post by jonkoman »

Hi this is my first post, so I may as well introduce myself. I'm a 26yo knife enthousiast since I was a kid. But recently got real interest especially in switchblades and other auto-knives. Where I live in the Netherlands automatic knives are unfortunately prohibited. This is making collecting knives very difficult for me. As the law is being a pain in the ass in obtaining knives (though not impossible because the customs on packages and envelopes don't really do their jobs here). I'm restricted to knives being sold and shipped from within Europe, and China which is not a lot since they are only legal in Austria as far as I know. Most knife sellers in the US have all those gems I want but don't offer international shipping. Especially painful if u like all those vintage knives being made in Europe, hell even in my own country like the Homeij switchblade which is nowhere to been seen here.

I found this forum a long time ago, and loved to read the posts here. But today I thought why not make an account and join the forum. This might even be a way to get in contact with other knife lovers all over the world, and make a few new friends here.

-Jonkoman-
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Hi i am new, let me introduce myself

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Welcome, Jonkoman. The laws prohibiting possession of automatic knives are universally absurd. While I cannot advocate the violation of sovereign Netherland law, I can, and do, sympathize with you. I wish you well, and I believe that there are things that can be done to alleviate your suffering.

Again, welcome.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Welcome to the fun house. If you don't mind collecting counterfeit knives may I suggest dhgate. You can set a leverletto with Bills name on it or one with Microtech on it, both counterfeit. They have the regular China cheapies too. They don't care who they rob so I doubt they care where they ship to either. Just a cheap way to do the almost impossible where you're located. Lots of knowledge here and always nice to have a new member!
2024 candidate for president
jonkoman

Post by jonkoman »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Welcome, Jonkoman. The laws prohibiting possession of automatic knives are universally absurd. While I cannot advocate the violation of sovereign Netherland law, I can, and do, sympathize with you. I wish you well, and I believe that there are things that can be done to alleviate your suffering.

Again, welcome.
Thank you, I have to say violating the law here is a bit of a grey area to speak off. While carrying automatics is totally illegal, owning and playing around with them at home is kind of OK. Still it makes absolutely no sense as crossbows, and air rifles are not restricted in any way here, and as almost all crimes here are committed with legal folding knives and kitchen knives, or even guns which criminals will own no matter what the law says. While good citizens are left unprotected. I'm not looking to get further into this kind of subject as everyone have seen it before :D I guess its all the same in most countries and states. Myself I don't see any automatic as a tool for self-defense, just collecting, admiring, playing, novelty. And I never carry knives that are prohibited anyway.
jonkoman

Post by jonkoman »

sammy the blade wrote:Welcome to the fun house. If you don't mind collecting counterfeit knives may I suggest dhgate. You can set a leverletto with Bills name on it or one with Microtech on it, both counterfeit. They have the regular China cheapies too. They don't care who they rob so I doubt they care where they ship to either. Just a cheap way to do the almost impossible where you're located. Lots of knowledge here and always nice to have a new member!
Hi there, Thanks. Yes DHgate is already my dealer which provide me my fix most of the times. They indeed do not care where they ship to. All for the $$$, or euros in my case. Unfortunately still very painful to be restricted to counterfeits and Chinese knives. Although some knives I have received from China were great. I own a 20$ lever lock made in China, which is superior to my genuine Italian one (Jndiana, Maniago) in almost every way. Which did set me back 3 times as much. ! The Italian knife's frame was so thin, it bended under tension of his own spring. :( and the lever did not lock. It jumped out at his own free will. Very scary knife!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Might I suggest the Ganzo line of automatic knives! I bought them all until Amazon stopped selling their autos, major bummer! dhgate has them and for the money they are a steal. A knife like the Ganzo autos if made in the states would run $100. As for the counterfeit knives they make I have no idea of the quality but Ganzo does make nice knives especially for the money.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

PM sent.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
jonkoman

Post by jonkoman »

sammy the blade wrote:Might I suggest the Ganzo line of automatic knives! I bought them all until Amazon stopped selling their autos, major bummer! dhgate has them and for the money they are a steal. A knife like the Ganzo autos if made in the states would run $100. As for the counterfeit knives they make I have no idea of the quality but Ganzo does make nice knives especially for the money.
Hi, Yes the Ganzo knife I own is truly amazing! I own a G7471-BK which I had for $19.08 shipped, from FastTech. It is truly amazing for that kind of money. It fires great, even underwater, no bladeplay whatsoever, amazing lockup in closed- and open position. Together with my Microtech clone it is my EDC utility knife ATM. I always carry it when I have work to do in and around the house. When its getting dirty, No problem I put it in the dishwasher. Came pretty damn sharp too. I don't own any other from that brand. But from what I hear its all good stuff. I like it for what's its made for its really a muscle working knife. :)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Welcome to the forum.

Jim
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME FROM MASS !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
DonC

Post by DonC »

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it.
I feel for you having to work around the existing laws of your home country. As with a number of subjects the existing laws were most probably enacted by a segment of society that wants to keep you safe from yourself and are limited in their understanding of the real world.
Until you can find enough like minded people to change the laws you just have to find a way to work around them.
DonC
john

Post by john »

Hello and welcome to the forum Jonkoman,
You have joined a great forum. There are many members here who have great knowledge about our favorite hobby. When I first joined I knew very little about knives and with the help of the members here I learned a great deal. Ask away, we are all here for the same reason.
I have many Frank B limited additions in my collection. They are made with more care and attention to detail than the normal production knife. But, that's not to say the regular production knives aren't well made. All of Frank's knives are awesome.
By the way, the Ganzo is a very well may knife I own two.
Your new friend, on the talkblade forum,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
jonkoman

Post by jonkoman »

whippersnapper wrote:Welcome aboard!
jim d, wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Jim
TRYKER wrote:WELCOME FROM MASS !!!
DonC wrote:Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it.
I feel for you having to work around the existing laws of your home country. As with a number of subjects the existing laws were most probably enacted by a segment of society that wants to keep you safe from yourself and are limited in their understanding of the real world.
Until you can find enough like minded people to change the laws you just have to find a way to work around them.
DonC
john wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Jonkoman,
You have joined a great forum. There are many members here who have great knowledge about our favorite hobby. When I first joined I knew very little about knives and with the help of the members here I learned a great deal. Ask away, we are all here for the same reason.
I have many Frank B limited additions in my collection. They are made with more care and attention to detail than the normal production knife. But, that's not to say the regular production knives aren't well made. All of Frank's knives are awesome.
By the way, the Ganzo is a very well may knife I own two.
Your new friend, on the talkblade forum,
John
Thanks all! I already feel really welcome here, and hope to see a lot of great pieces of steel. And join the discussions. A fantastic opportunity to meet and talk to like-minded people who have a great passion for knives as much as I do. The kind of people which I don't have enough of walking around in my environment :)
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Dearest brother,

Perhaps you would enjoy getting into what I have, as of late. Fixed blade sheath knives. There are some absolutely astounding American German, Swiss and Chinese offerings. The Chinese offerings are often the least expensive and are still quality blades. I would heartily recommend looking into some Schrade (Taylor LLC of China) "Uncle Henry", "Old Timer" and their Smith & Wesson line too. Some of these are 7cr17MoV steel, others are 8Cr13MoV and some are even 9Cr18MoV steel. (This alloy is close to 440C in composition). The Schrade SCHF20 is made from the 8Cr13MoV steel. This is close to the AUS-8 steel that makes many of my knives stand out. Look around and see some of the Hunting Knives that made America, Germany and Sweden famous for their steels and blades.

Enjoy yourself. It is truly a wide, wide world of wonderful knives out there.
Fishtail Picklock