Old Age Still Isn't For Sissies

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Old Age Still Isn't For Sissies

Post by ILikeStilettos »

This is what all of you 70+ year olds, and yet-to-be kids have to look forward to!!

This is something that happened at an assisted living center. The people who lived there have small apartments but they all eat at a central cafeteria.

One morning one of the residents didn't show up for breakfast so his wife went upstairs and knocked on his door to see if everything was OK. She could hear him through the door and he said that he was running late and would be down shortly so she went back to the dining area.

An hour later he still hadn't arrived so she went back up towards his room and she found him on the stairs. He was coming down the stairs but was having a heck of time. He had a death grip on the hand rail and seemed to have trouble getting his legs to work right. She told him she was going to call an ambulance but he told her no, he wasn't in any pain and just wanted to have his breakfast. So she helped him the rest of the way down the stairs and he had his breakfast.

When he tried to return to his room he was completely unable to get up even the first step so they called an ambulance for him. A couple hours later she called the hospital to see how he was doing. The receptionist there said he was fine, he just had both of his legs in one leg of his boxer shorts.

And just in case: I did send this to my kids so that they don’t sell the house before they know the facts.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Old Age Still Isn't For Sissies

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

That's a fact, Jack!
Fishtail Picklock
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Old Age Still Isn't For Sissies

Post by natcherly »

I was expecting that the laces of one shoe were tied to the laces of the other. Then again, what self respecting assisted living center does not have elevators? That would have postponed diagnosis by a couple more meals....