I took an friend from Scotland to a soccer game (to make him feel at home).

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I took an friend from Scotland to a soccer game (to make him feel at home).

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

After the game, he said "Take me out for a good, old-fashioned American beer. I don't want any 'fancy microbrews', just a taste of "real America." So I bought him a Budweiser. Angus took one sip and spat it out on the floor. He looked at me and exclaimed, "This beer tastes like a glass of horse *i$$!" I shot back, "See, I knew you'd like it!" :shock: :P
Fishtail Picklock
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: I took an friend from Scotland to a soccer game (to make him feel at home).

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

he is 100% right,bud is the pit of beers,have him try any Sam Adams beer, when I was in England at a pub I was talking to a guy and when his pint was empty I said that the next one was on me, what did he ask for? a bud,I told him that some of the BEST beers in the world are made in your country and you ask for this piss, so he had a pint of bitter.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

That joke was written during the 1970's. Some humor gets better with age. This joke is part of that group.
Fishtail Picklock
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Being from Missouri it seems that Bud Light is the most popular beer anywhere I go, however I would prefer a Busch over just about any St. Louis product. I usually don't try many new products but a few years back I tried Busch Copper and thought it was the best beer to come from Anheuser-Busch.

As for regular Bud, no thanks, I would much prefer a cheap beer like Pabst Blue Ribbon or a Stag.
It has been quite a few years back but a friend had some Narragansett from Rhode Island (I think?) and it was really a good tasting beer, has a unique flavor.
At 10/11 bucks a six pack I don't have it as much as I used to but Spaten Optimator is my favorite beer to date. It is actually a German malt liquor and definitely not for everyone.
Attachments
optimator.jpg
optimator.jpg (21.81 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
narragansett.jpg
narragansett.jpg (35.16 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
Stag.jpg
Stag.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
Busch Copper.jpg
Busch Copper.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

do they still make BALLENTINE ???

excuse da spellin last time i saw a can it was before pop tops and i wasn't old enuff ta drink.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I'm an old high life drinker! Been drinkin it since I was 18 so might just as well stay with it.
2024 candidate for president