sd forum

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

sd forum

Post by sammy the blade »

Anyone else having trouble getting on the sharper deal forum?
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Re: sd forum

Post by whippersnapper »

It's been working for me.
sammy the blade

Do you have the web addy?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

sammy the blade

Workin now, thanks Terry!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Just looked at their auction site.....seems like only a few dealers still using it, the most are from the site owners....
sammy the blade

We all miss bladeauction.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Tom19176 wrote:Just looked at their auction site.....seems like only a few dealers still using it, the most are from the site owners....

I had several sales there today myself. The best place ever to buy our. Kinda stuff.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I have been meaning to list some stuff there, but got a lot going on and I haven't felt like figuring out the new auction site.
john

Post by john »

whippersnapper wrote:I have been meaning to list some stuff there...

Same here. I have a few knives that need a new home. I've enjoyed their company and they have enjoyed mine.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

redeye, you're one of the few sellers I was referring too!...lol...There are many dealers that have not posted there since the change over, and normally ShaperD sells in the store not as much in the bidding area, but most are theirs now....Just seems to have slowed down since the change, in fact until ShaperD started listing there too, the most there were was 40 items.....Use to always be almost 200....I just checked...Four sellers, HDC, ShaperD and you have almost all of items listed...55 items listed....Not like the old days for sure....Very few bids....
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Tom19176 wrote:redeye, you're one of the few sellers I was referring too!...lol...There are many dealers that have not posted there since the change over, and normally ShaperD sells in the store not as much in the bidding area, but most are theirs now....Just seems to have slowed down since the change, in fact until ShaperD started listing there too, the most there were was 40 items.....Use to always be almost 200....I just checked...Four sellers, HDC, ShaperD and you have almost all of items listed...55 items listed....Not like the old days for sure....Very few bids....

I noticed that too that most the sellers are basicly trading and buying among each other, I (Folgore Knives USA ) used to sell there and had 50 auctions myself going at all times but recently with all the raised fees and new rules were popped up on us dealers i had to quit , all the fees went up and add to that 7% for all sales over 1 cent now for someone like me (biggest seller on the site) listing 50 auctions at a time i was paying more money for fees then i was selling so this is part of reason i had to quit sharperdeal auction and move all my auctions to (http://www.bladebid.com ) , also since it started in 2005 we were allowed to post email in description but that changed all of a sudden also i had customers who do not want to be part of the auction or just never registered and have contacted me personally for many years to purchase knives from me direct and discreetly but with new SD rules it states ( no private sales using their website using message board) so i take it they will be reading everyones messages. now for over 10 years all this was ok but not no more . very sad as the site was doing great but with all these new rules and fees its just not what it used to be and what seller wants to keep listing knives and not making much in return .
Last edited by METALGOD on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

I've emailed 3 or 4 times about being approved to bid with no answer so I give up. List your stuff here, you may have a little lower sale price but no fees!
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

I sure miss BA. They really had interesting stuff. Sadly; I'm getting to an age where I probably need to thin all my toys while I have my wits to do so. Think my knives will end up here when I start the thinning.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:I've emailed 3 or 4 times about being approved to bid with no answer so I give up. List your stuff here, you may have a little lower sale price but no fees!
whos running the ship over there at sd auction??? lol , i too have sent numerous emails with no response, also called their business phone number with no anser or call back