You can't bomb an idealogy

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

You can't bomb an idealogy

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Quote from a WWII veteran overhearing someone say that, "You can't bomb an ideology."

"The hell you can't, because we did it. These Muslims are no different than the [Imperial] Japanese. The Japs had their suicide bombers too. And we stopped them. What it takes is the resolve and will to use a level of brutality and violence that your generations can't stomach. And until you can, this crap won't stop.

It took us on the beaches with bullets, clearing out caves with flame throwers, and men like LeMay burning down their cities, killing people by the tens of thousands. And then it took 2 atom bombs on top of it.

Plus we had to bomb the crap out of German cities to get them to quit fighting. But, if that was what it took to win, we were willing to do it. Until you are willing to do the same ... well I hope you enjoy this crap, because it ain't going to stop!"

Back then, we had leadership, resolve, resources and determination.

Today we're afraid to hurt people's feelings ... and worry about which bathroom to pee in!!!

A good friend, and combat veteran had this to say:

It's unfortunate that the public in general has never had to be exposed to the violence and hard realities of a war. If they had been the outlook and attitudes would be significantly different.

I spent my service time in the comfort of Germany, and the Peace Talks ended my service before I saw any combat. Nearing seventy now, I wouldn't be much use. However I sincerely hope and pray that I'd be ready to do whatever I could, whatever was needed.

Everyone wants results but no one wants to get their hands dirty, or even hear that someone got their hands dirty. To get results against someone with no respect for your life, you have to demonstrate a level of violence that they can't handle. If you can't do this, then suck it up, buttercup, there is no way to help you. "You can't handle the truth."
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: You can't bomb an idealogy

Post by sammy the blade »

Sad but true!!!
2024 candidate for president
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

A lot of terrorists came out of Libya back in the 80's. Retaliation was often discussed and there were plenty of people then who said violence only begets more violence; I had some doubts about it myself. Then Regan attacked the Libyans with air strikes, and guess what? No more Libyan sponsored terrorism.

I think we have to realize that the bad guys aren't people "just like us", but mad animals with a lust for killing. These are crazy people,indoctrinated from birth in many cases to hate and rationalize violence. Also, I think, many are manipulated by leaders with their own agendas, and no conscience about the deaths of either their victims or the fanatics they are using.

The best defense is a strong offense.

Yes you can bomb an ideology; dead people are too preoccupied with their own problems (being dead) to think bad thoughts about the rest of us. We should offer them the opportunity to be dead, and see if it calms them down enough to leave us alone.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

There were a couple bombs dropped on Japan in the 40's and guess what. We haven't had a problem with them since! If you have to deal with maniacs you have to do it in a way that they understand. Unfortunately in every war innocent people are killed. Whose lives are more important to us, ours or theirs?
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I don't want war any more than anyone else but I agree with Tom.
Not talking about a few pin-point targets, I'm talking about day/night constant hellfire chaotic wrath-of-God bombing.
We did this in the first Iraq war but to this day I feel because we didn't get Saddam the first time it set the stage for IS and pretty much told everyone else that the USA is soft.
If a leader is anything like Saddam, Kim Jong-un or this a**hole Bashar al-Assad immediately remove them from the equation and send a message to the world that if you act like an a**hole you will be dispatched with extreme prejudice.

My suggestion for this Kim Jong jackass is the AGM-176 Griffin, it's a precision missile designed to be a low collateral damage weapon.
Catch this vermin out for a nice walk and crank a Griffin right up his corn chute.
No need in killing half the population, the N. Korean people are meek and know nothing other than the four walls of their menial one room apartment.
Then after the same is done to Assad, ole Donnie can call up Vlad and say "well now that's outta the way let's have that drink and talk it over..."