No (safe space) Like Home

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

No (safe space) Like Home

Post by Viking45 »

Well the PC world hit home on Saturday afternoon.
My girlfriend and I went to Verizon to see about getting me an upgrade on my phone (which I despise owning a cell phone in the first place).

A handsome young man greeted us at the door and was extremely friendly and helpful and jumped right in to see how he could be of service.

About 5 minutes into the conversation he asked what some of my complaints were and I mentioned that my outdated flip phone had some kind of control buttons on each side and that I was always hitting them by accident and one being a volume control that would shut off my ringer. Being old school my ringer is set on the sound of an old timey phone (bell) ring sound 8)

It was at this point I made my mistake, I said- "I often seem to hit the external volume controls by accident and turn it off....(and here comes my utter insensitivity) "And she yells at me for not answering her phone calls.

Sweet Jesus on a purple moped shit hit the fan! She proceeded to shut the whole program down and lectured me as to why that statement was all wrong and why. She started with the fact I said "she yells at me" and how this "shifts" the blame to her and not taking responsibility for my own actions.
I quickly said sorry, it's just a figure of speech and tried to move forward with our business...(all the time smiling that fake smile like all's good)
She didn't let it go, she continued with why my comment was wrong and after a second apology it was then I became a bit humiliated after being lectured like a child in a public place....AND while trying to conduct a business deal, all the time the temperature outside was rapidly dropping and ice was forming on the streets.

Skipping a few scenes- On the drive home I asked if she was hungry and wanted to grab a bite to eat as the roads were worsening and this lead to more lecture as to how my comment was "not ok" and how it belittled her.

Well now the sh*t really hit the fan because after all she's a tough conservative chick that despises all the "snowflake", *ss-hurt p*ssies" in the world.

I said "Didn't realize you needed a safe space" and kind of gave a little fake laugh. Sweet Holy Mary Mother Of All That Is Sacred!

Didn't speak to me all night. I just want to ask my friends here and don't be gentle. Was I really that out of line? Was she already on edge? Or was I just straight-up an *sshole for saying what I did?

As a school teacher she is always using terms I find annoying. Being somewhat old fashioned I prefer you to speak to me in layman's terms, not these made-up buzz words that our society has seemed to create to replace common language.

I've taken this far enough, please give me your input :lol: Was I an insensitive douche or just an uninformed backwoods hillbilly? Or both?
whippersnapper

Re: No (safe space) Like Home

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't know nothing except there must be something in the Christmas air. The shit has hit the fan a couple times here in the last week too.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Sometimes it's this simple- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIVwPuwiHa4

Thanks T, just don't have the spirit this year.

Sometimes ya just gotta say screw it, I've gotta Rizz, wat'chu got punk? 8)
(Cuz reachin' for his white Rizz) :lol:
Attachments
RDTM01.jpg
RDTM01.jpg (576.71 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tommy got his Rizz. Had to take little hillbilly Dave to inspire a long hair in LA to pull a switchblade. Go figure.
Just got back from Mexico that afternoon, Tommy wanted a white and my brother and I got blacks.
Randy (the one that looks like Duane Allman) had a Mexican Bull Fighter lever that snapped like lightning. That's his Chevy 8)
Attachments
RDTM02.jpg
RDTM02.jpg (525.98 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You may have been little insensitive but hey, we're guys. That's what we do!
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I was insensitive is saying that she yells at me, I spoke without thinking I suppose. Fact is she only mentioned it once verbally but she did send me a couple of texts asking me why I don't take her calls then went on to say she would just take care of a few matters herself because I couldn't be relied on.
I felt that comment was a little overkill.
Several things very wrong here- One is keep our issues to ourselves, don't stand there scolding and lecturing me in a public place while conducting business and another is something I thought we both despised and that being this PC crap.
I said the "safe space" thing jokingly but it really struck a nerve with her.

More and more I find myself wanting to get back to nature as I watch the world and parts of my own life falling victim to technology.
It seems everyone is more interested in their phones than the world around them. We went to a nice place for breakfast last Saturday and I was watching a man about my age as his wife kept holding her phone up to show him something and kind of laughed to myself as I could see he wanted to talk not watch a funny animal video.
Just as that thought came to mind my girlfriend started showing me pictures of art projects and even a little funny lamb video.
Then it hit me, technology is more important to some than conversation.

I feel the human race is loosing it's primal instinct to survive, people are detached from reality and distracted from the world around them.
It's as if we have to be constantly entertained or engaged by a devise rather than enjoying life.

Lives are lost because people are oblivious to their surroundings. A truck plows into a crowd in Germany and takes out a bunch of people.
Not saying I'm Superman but I feel pretty confident I'm going to notice a frickin' Kenworth barrelling towards me and take some kind of action.

There is an awesome world out there you just have to put the phone down. Just last night I was out looking at the night sky, the stars amazing.
Has anyone actually looked at the stars lately?
sammy the blade

I feel EXACTLY the same about technology as you but, when you get used to it your really gonna like that smart phone!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i don't have a cell phone, don't need one ,i don't talk much anyway, got onstar phone in the truck cause the blonde/grey pays for it. she says i should get one of those tablot things aaahhh why ??? she's one of those smartphone zombies, i'll wake up at 3 in the morning and shes checkin here facebook , WHAT THE EFFFF !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Could be worse. She could be waken you up at 3 in the morning for round 2.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

TRYKER wrote:she's one of those smartphone zombies, i'll wake up at 3 in the morning and shes checkin here facebook , WHAT THE EFFFF !!!
Mine too, woke many a night to a blue glow and/or little beep sounds :lol: