Like winter, BUT!!!!!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Like winter, BUT!!!!!

Post by Claudester »

I pretty much like winter but what a start this year. We just got 8" the other day and we are about to get 12" to 13"s tonight through tomorrow!
How do you say Oh Shit! in a nice way? Oppppppppppps!!
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
ILikeStilettos

Re: Like winter, BUT!!!!!

Post by ILikeStilettos »

With a smile, and ending "dagnabbit".
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

:D Oh,, Yah! I never thought of that.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Winter just plain sucks, it's 35 degrees on my front porch, wood stove has a nice fire going, and a bottle of 120 proof Bourbon in the cupboard, course, Bourbon tastes just as good when it's 85, that temp is well within my comfort zone :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Not much snow here but the temps. Are coooooold, single digits. I hate cold!!!
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

The "it feels like temperature" this morning was 11° below zero. The actual temperature right now is 19°. Starting tonight and on Saturday morning, we're expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow then changing to rain and on Sunday 50°
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WHAT JOHN ^^^^^^^ SAID ONLY COLDER
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, I'm sick of it already.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Well its sposed to get up to around 82 here today, sorry all yall are freezing but its nice and toasty here in northeast Florida
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Right now it is 41 in good ol' SF. To me that is cold. Later we will be heading to the mountains and get below freezing temps on a regular basis. Strangely, that kind of cold doesn't bother me much. Could be the humidity, the clothing factor or ? Love being able to choose snow over no snow.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

29 here in Southern Missouri and has been fairly mild the last couple of weeks with no snow yet.
Missouri truly has some of the most inconsistent weather anywhere. I have seen it snow in May and October and seen it 70 on Christmas day.
One of the coldest times I recall in recent years was the wicked ice storm we had in 06 (I think) it was around 17 to 19 below for several days and the ice stayed on for over two weeks.

This first pic is a very large hackberry tree I had the honor to remove. Honestly it wasn't that difficult, I tied into the very tip-top fork and walked out and took all the branches off and worked my way down, then used my climbing rope to pull the bull rope to the top and stood right where the big limb on the left broke off and dropped the whole center right where that red Jeep is sitting.
Two guys were pulling the bull rope but they didn't really need to pull much because it fell right where I wanted it to.

The other pics are one street over from me but the entire city was a disaster. For several nights in a row my neighbors and I stood out in my garage and listened to trees cracking and breaking and we would try to guess what they were crushing, you could hear metal tool sheds and wooden privacy fences getting mashed.
I recall cutting trees off of a Lexus and a 20 grand bass boat. Many vehicles were demolished as well as a few homes.
Just four houses down from me a massive maple was laying across the street and a neighbor dragged the brush as I cut then used a chain to pull the log to the side and had to cut it up so it didn't block someones driveway.
The entire city looked like these pics, I did thousands of dollars worth or work for nothing those few weeks.

Rode my bike the other day and it was 17 and sunny but at 40 MPH the wind cut right through my gloves, everything else was good but fingers got numb after about 5 miles. I need some serious winter gloves but Harley Davidson wants 100 bucks for their Chinese made gloves. No thank you.
Attachments
2006-0032.jpg
2006-0032.jpg (289.02 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
2006-0019.jpg
2006-0019.jpg (394.51 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
2006-0036.jpg
2006-0036.jpg (332.75 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I posted this a couple years back but this pic of my old truck was taken in May of 13' 8)
Attachments
0436.jpg
0436.jpg (241.22 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I got up at 7 a.m. , and man was is snowing,do to my bad heart I do no shoveling,the guy that I have do it just left,now I can do some Christmas shopping only need a few more things.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote:I got up at 7 a.m. , and man was is snowing,do to my bad heart I do no shoveling,the guy that I have do it just left,now I can do some Christmas shopping only need a few more things.
same here, thank god the blonde (13 years younger and soon to be refered to as the gray) can still clean off my truck so i can plow :D :D :D
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

It's been chilly here in NW Tennessee the last week or so , then today it hit 70 ! :shock:
Tomorrow we will have snow, with temps in the 30's ....Did I mention we're under a tornado watch as I write ?
Crazy weather ! ...thank goodness for mac & cheese and Christmas movies ! :lol:

Rondog