Like winter, BUT!!!!!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Straydog 5247

Re: Like winter, BUT!!!!!

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Well, No snow or ice ...but bitter cold !...this dog is stayin' inna house today ! :lol:
redeye

Post by redeye »

Gonna be in the low 80s here today,its lije 77 now and we are running the a/c
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Well it's 4 below nothing and another 9"s of snow. I think we're in for a cold and snowy winter this year. About 4 years ago I bought a small Deere tractor with a bucket and plow blade and it's been a God sent.

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My son got married in St. Paul, Minn. last Saturday. It was quite the beautiful and joyous event. Everything went as planned and everyone was so nice. The bride prayed for snow for her wedding (she is from St. Paul), and her prayer was answered. At the time the photos before the wedding were taken it was 9 degrees and snowing. The photos were taken outdoors and she was wearing her wedding gown. The entire photo session was about half an hour. At one point I told my son to let her take a break and come inside and get warm. His response was that he already suggested that and she wanted to stay outside and complete the photo session!

They went to Puerto Vallarta (warm) for their honeymoon and returned to St. Paul yesterday. They leave St. Paul for their flight home today. The forecasted low for St. Paul this morning was -25. I checked at about 9 AM and it was -17 then, don't know how low it got. I do know that I'm not the most cold hardy person around, but these folks amaze me. I forgot to mention that for the rehearsal dinner the night before (temp was about10), two of the local women wore sandals - YES sandals! My wife had on those big -25 degree Sorrell boots that came up to her knee.

Jim
john

Post by john »

Snowed on Saturday in Boston. Six inches fell by noon. It kept getting warmer and by Sunday morning it was raining and 57 degrees. All of the snow melted. I wish I had not shoveled my sidewalk. It just got colder as the day went on. By midnight it was in the 20's. Monday morning in the temp was in the teens. Monday's high temperature was 25 degrees.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

It did it again last night.

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Steve, what state do you live in? If I ever hit the lotto I want to make sure I don't move there!!!!
2024 candidate for president
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Sammy,
I live in North Eastern Wisconsin. Snow yesterday but I guess it's rain tomorrow. Go figure :roll:
sammy the blade

Kinda the same here, around 40 and warmer tomorro with rain. HO! HO! as Jerry would have said. man, I miss that guy!
john

Post by john »

40 this AM with heavy rain. If was snow the city would would have been paralyzed. There would have been no last minute shopping for me and thousands of other people.
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

My place in Michigan looks like Claudesters. Pain in the butt shoveling the wet,heavy stuff this morning. Good packing though, but now my arm hurts from the snow ball fight with the grand kids.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

whippersnapper wrote:My place in Michigan looks like Claudesters. Pain in the butt shoveling the wet,heavy stuff this morning. Good packing though, but now my arm hurts from the snow ball fight with the grand kids.
Ain't aging a Bummer some times :D
sammy the blade

Getting old is a bummer bit it beats the alternative
john

Post by john »

sammy the blade wrote:Getting old is a bummer bit it beats the alternative

And what's the alternative? being young? :lol:
John