Slip Sliding Away

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Slip Sliding Away

Post by ILikeStilettos »

He was a widower and she a widow. They had known each other for a number of years being high school classmates and having attended class reunions in the last 20 years without fail.

This 60th anniversary of their class, the widower and the widow made a foursome with two other singles. They had a wonderful evening, their spirits high. The widower was throwing admiring glances across the table, while the widow smiled coyly back at him.

Finally he picked up the courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?"

After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered, "Yes ... Yes I will!"

That evening ended on a happy note for the widower as he kissed her goodnight and went to his home, but the next morning he was troubled.

Did she say, "Yes" or did she say, "No"? He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. He went over the conversation form the previous evening, but his mind was blank as to her response. He remembered asking the question, but for the life of him could not bring to mind what she had answered. Finally, since there was no alternative and with much fear and trepidation he picked up the phone and called her.

First he explained that he couldn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the evening, explaining how much he had enjoyed their time together and the many happy memories from reunions past. After he gained a little more courage he got around to the point.

"When I asked you to marry me, did you say Yes or No?"

"Why you silly man, I said, 'Yes, Yes I will' and I meant it with all of my heart."

The widower was delighted. He felt his heart skip a beat.

The she continued. "I'm so glad you called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me!"
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Re: Slip Sliding Away

Post by john »

Very funny, I did not expect that ending!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
ILikeStilettos

Re: Slip Sliding Away

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Well, none of us are exactly spring chickens, Giancarlo.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."