Been Down

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Been Down

Post by Viking45 »

Been down for about a week, thought I would try my hand at strep throat (we think), never had it before so it was quite an experience.
Hurt like a bastard every time I swallow, glands swollen, face, ears, eyes hurt, high fever, body feels like it was run over by a truck, no energy and absolute miserable nights with very little sleep.
Still not 100% but nothing a little James B. Throat Elixir can't fix. 8)
tequiza

Re: Been Down

Post by tequiza »

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you get on the mend real soon, Mr Beam will help out, he may not cure ya, but you won't give a damn if your still sick! :wink:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Strep throat sux! You should have had the doctor give you a shot, a lot quicker than pills! I used to get that a lot when I was a kid but I haven't forgot. I had it three years ago, got a shot of antibiotics and started getting better the next day. Whatever you do don't eat any mashed potatoes
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Given that you know it is strep, I assume you had it diagnosed and are on antibiotics. That should knock it out.

Jim
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Just saw this.

Strep is pretty contagious, so if treating with that Kentucky elixer, best not pass the bottle. 8)

Get well.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

natcherly wrote:Just saw this.

Strep is pretty contagious, so if treating with that Kentucky elixer, best not pass the bottle. 8)

Get well.

That's why he needs to follow instructions closely and FINISH THE WHOLE DOSE!! Sooner than later...

Get well, and if ya need a new Rx, open the other bottle (if not yet).
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

By the time I wrote this I was already on the mend.
It was a self diagnoses but a buddies girlfriend had it and I was around them two days before so I looked up the symptoms and I knew what it was.
comes on sudden
a sudden fever, especially if it’s 101˚F or higher
a sore, red throat with white patches
a headache
chills
a loss of appetite
swollen lymph nodes in the neck
trouble swallowing

Fine one night, woke the next morning throat swollen, painful swallowing and the next two days miserable fever and body aches, just laid in bed tossing and turning and didn't eat for three days.
I didn't take any antibiotics and was joking about Jim Beam, that was the last thing I wanted during this.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I was feeling good enough to go out to the fairgrounds yesterday to take some pics of the Street Rod Nationals. There were cars and bikes everywhere.
There was this neat little nook I found to park my bike and when I came back there was this plump & juicy little chick standing by herself.
I said hello and she saw my tripod and asked if I was a photographer, I said not really and she said is that your bike and I said yes.
Then she asked if I wanted to take her pic by my bike and not wanting to hurt any feelings said sure why not.
She had a little bit of a rough edge but had a very sweet personality then she glammed-up and I took a few pics of her by my bike. 8)
Said her name is Nicole. (I took a few more that may not be suitable here)
Attachments
Nicole1.JPG
Nicole1.JPG (258.58 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
nicole3.jpg
nicole3.jpg (246.1 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
Nicole2.JPG
Nicole2.JPG (273.41 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Viking45 wrote:..I took a few more that may not be suitable here
From the progression of her rising hem line, we can easily image :mrgreen:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

natcherly wrote:
Viking45 wrote:..I took a few more that may not be suitable here
From the progression of her rising hem line, we can easily image :mrgreen:
Yeah David it seems bikes can bring out the "naughty" in women. 8)
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Viking 45-

Eye too, had the strepped throat thingie! Here's the episode AS eye recall it...
Circa 1975-a disturbeding sore throat was enough impetus to haved mine Sainted Dad meet with one of his ol' pals, the local somewhat disgraced but still viably licensed Doctor, who sent him home with a extra large bottle of some morphine/codeine mix, ASsured to fix me right up. AS the folks were determined to abandon me inst mine sickness to attend the local VFW band concert/BBQ/ sot festival, I was encouraged to self medicate, which I did by immediately having a gulping fest in order to wash down the known cure-all, two hits of clear 4 way window pane. Those that have passed through the doors of perception might guess the outcome...
The stages of deep euphoria that transpired were, of course, aided by maximum volume headphones clamped to writhing skull, twitching along to : The Dark Side Of The Moon, Close To The Edge, and A Space In Time.
Somewhat later, I entertained myself by honking up some cottage cheesy looking strep guts, and found myself reasonably en-cured forthwith.
Therefore, AS your spiritual/medical advisor, eye proclaim that ye should self medicated with powerful additive, and tuneage for thy pleasure, 'cause the disease cannot beat the power of the affected therein mind.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Hello Dave didnt know you had a Hog now ! When you planning on the UK trip then ! We can Terrorise Dorset !
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

She doesn't look bad, you can always do what I do. Slam down more beer! Big girls need lovin too.
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

sammy the blade wrote:She doesn't look bad, you can always do what I do. Slam down more beer! Big girls need lovin too.
Sam I was actually strangely attracted to her,she had a very sultry,soft spoken nature and besides I have no problem with big girls.
peter44 wrote:Hello Dave didnt know you had a Hog now ! When you planning on the UK trip then ! We can Terrorise Dorset !
Yeah Pete it's a 2013 Dyna Super Glide Custom (96ci / 1584cc) twin cam and it's ready to wreak havoc on the roads of Dorset 8)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Greetings, Mr. Viking 45-

Eye too, had the strepped throat thingie! Here's the episode AS eye recall it...
Circa 1975-a disturbeding sore throat was enough impetus to haved mine Sainted Dad meet with one of his ol' pals, the local somewhat disgraced but still viably licensed Doctor, who sent him home with a extra large bottle of some morphine/codeine mix, ASsured to fix me right up. AS the folks were determined to abandon me inst mine sickness to attend the local VFW band concert/BBQ/ sot festival, I was encouraged to self medicate, which I did by immediately having a gulping fest in order to wash down the known cure-all, two hits of clear 4 way window pane. Those that have passed through the doors of perception might guess the outcome...
The stages of deep euphoria that transpired were, of course, aided by maximum volume headphones clamped to writhing skull, twitching along to : The Dark Side Of The Moon, Close To The Edge, and A Space In Time.
Somewhat later, I entertained myself by honking up some cottage cheesy looking strep guts, and found myself reasonably en-cured forthwith.
Therefore, AS your spiritual/medical advisor, eye proclaim that ye should self medicated with powerful additive, and tuneage for thy pleasure, 'cause the disease cannot beat the power of the affected therein mind.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Your early experiments with self-administered apothecary solutions seems like a regular ol' day for the Corpsester. You had an early start for sure.