Jerry Knife Status

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Jerry Knife Status

Post by Viking45 »

Here is the scoop people- When this first started and I mentioned I would take on the task of having Jerry's knives engraved I thought it would be done in a week and everyone would have their knives and be happy. Didn't work out like that.
Well over two months into this endeavor I am proud to announce our good friend Mr. DeShivs is taking on the engraving task.
The reason I waited so long to inform everyone is because I just wanted to be sure it was going to work out.
Bill is a very busy man and I am most humbly grateful he is willing to make this happen for us.

I mentioned this already but apparently a laser engraver cannot engrave the "pebbled" texture on these knives and even the blade coating was an issue.

Again I thank you all for being patient and not cussing me...at least not on the open forum 8)
Don't thank me, thank Mr. DeShivs.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I believe everyone will understand, And thank you, Bill DeShivs!
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Thanks Bill, and Dave!
2024 candidate for president
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

sammy the blade wrote:Thanks Bill, and Dave!
Yup...thanks for the efforts. I know only too well how projects like this can become an overly complicated mess.

Good luck to you "Bill" please don't let it become more than it should be. As for me, if it doesn't work out I'm ok with that and will be happy just having Jerr's beloved Lightnings.

Thanks again to all.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Thanks, Dave. As Markco points out, these types of projects frequently turn into a thrash. Murphy's Law in practice. Appreciate your efforts and thanks to BDeS for stepping in at this critical juncture.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WHAT...ME WORRY !!!

THANKS DAVE N BILL
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have a question for Viking before I start the engraving. I have tried PM and email through the forum with no answer. I don't have his phone number. Could someone find him and ask him to email me, please?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Looks like he hasn't been here since last Sunday. Maybe that Strep kicked his butt more than he let on.

I don't have any contact info for Dave.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I have his mailing address but no phone or email. Back in the day of the good ol' phone book, this info would allow you to get a number. I am not having luck doing that. I get all sorts of Dave Whites, but not the one I am looking for. Anyone adept at turning up this data and needs the mailing addy, PM me.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Last phone # I had for him was 417 813 1750
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Knives 1 - 10 finished tonight.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Hey all- Sorry about the delay on the Jerry Knife project but things just don't always go as planned.

I usually keep most of my private life out of the forum but fact is I have all but given up my life with my girlfriend of 24 years.
Over a year ago my mom(82) was diagnosed with stage 4 Alzheimer's and my dad (83) although doing well can't cook for her or do laundry so I find myself going to the store, cooking,cleaning,laundry etc and when I finally get to see my girlfriend she is in bed or too tired from teaching all day.

I understand things change but when they change almost overnight it is very hard to adapt and the strange thing is I didn't realize my life had changed until I finally got to sit down and relax a minute then it hits me just how hard life can punch you in the face.
It has come down to me eating one meal a day and sometimes I just grab an apple or banana.

Didn't mean to cry here but you all need to know why your knives aren't delivered yet.
Bill I did send you a PM but maybe it didn't go through.

I do however have everything pretty well organized on the knife thing but I may PM Markco and Freddie just to double check your knife #'s because you guys are the only ones I am not 100% sure of.
If you read this please send me a PM with your knife #'s and or letters. Pretty sure Freddie was just taking the remaining knives that Markco didn't get. :?:

Again sorry everyone and this isn't an excuse it's just where I'm at right now.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Life has a way of kicking you in the ass at times. I understand about your mother. We are going through some of the same things with my mother in law.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Hang in there, your doing exactly what God meant for us all to do when that time comes!
2024 candidate for president
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Will be thinking good thoughts about your mom, dad, and you too.
Hang in there, brother. Sounds like you have your priority's exactly in order, but don't forget to take care of yourself. You have to, it's for their sake now, but to help them you have to be healthy too. Body and mind both.
The knives will take care of themselves, or not, but sounds like you have help from good people at TB (Bill, et al, many thanks to you again) for that.