Jerry Knife Status

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Jerry Knife Status

Post by Viking45 »

I didn't want to clutter the forum with yet another topic on Jerry's knives but he we are.
The "Jerry Knife List" thread is closed so we can use this one to talk about the costs,numbers etc.
If anyone has a problem with my choice of engraver or the over-all cost feel free to talk about it here.
I honestly had no inkling of what it would cost to do this simple engraving. The man said the more knives,the better price per knife.
(If it were only 10/12 he was at 10 bucks per knife)
When he said it would be apprx 8 bucks I thought it sounded good but when we add that to shipping and knife costs we are looking at a few bucks.
I am just the middle man,if anyone is unhappy with this please speak up...(and no,for once I'm not being a wise-arse) 8)
Here's what I said in the other thread-

Ozark Custom Engravers- I went in person to talk with the owner and took the Lightning Jerry gave me so we could see what we are dealing with.
Bottom line is that JerrBear 2016 and a number is going to be about 8 dollars a knife.

I asked about having the number engraved on the pocket clip but he would have to remove each clip and do a complete reprogramming and it would cost almost double. So I decided to have the numbers on the blade next to JerrBear 2016.

This is going to be a laser etching and the man said it would be a nice deep etch unlike many other etchings that can fade with time/polishing etc.
When I walked into the shop and met the owner I knew immediately I wanted to do business with this man.
He spoke with me over 30 minutes and was very impressed with the knife. He said "Wow,let me see that action again!" so I handed him the knife and let him open/close it a couple times.

The other two places were run by young kids that seemed to be more interested in texting and playing on phones than helping me out.
One place was so unprofessional I walked in looked around and walked right back out.
I wasn't about to let these knuckleheads work on Jerry's knives.

When the knives arrive I will take a clear photo and we can work out the details/numbers etc.

Barbara- Yours will cost a little more but most likely no more than a few dollars.

Send me a PM or just ask questions here.
tequiza

Re: Jerry Knife Status

Post by tequiza »

So we're looking at between $35.00 to $40.00 a knife, I don't see any problem with that!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

A new one at bladeplay is 40 buck dollars so I think that is pretty reasonable seeing how our lost brother from a different mother handeled them. If marco or redeye would part with one I'd like another. Just pm Viking and let him know! Thanks to all for making this happen.
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Does anyone know if there is a flat rate envelope that is cheaper than the 8" x 5" box?
Seems like I mailed a knife in one and it cost around 3 bucks and some change, otherwise we are looking at 5 or 6 bucks.
I haven't mailed anything in a long time so I'm outta touch with shipping costs.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I think the small flat rate box is like $6.80 now. The flat rate envelopes aren't any cheaper, I don't think.

Last couple of lightning size knives I have sent parcel post have cost me about $4. That includes what I pay for a small padded envelope at the dollar store (2 for a buck) or sometimes in small box that I saved from something else. Tracking is now free on first class/parcel post small packages.

If you can keep packages under 13oz. (I think) it is usually cheaper to send parcel post, and they seem to deliver it just as fast as priority mail in my experiences.

But, if you have to run around and buy padded envelopes, or small boxes it is easier to just get the ready to go boxes from the PO.

My one horse PO usually doesn't have any boxes on hand, so I have had to order them online (free) and they deliver in a couple days.
redeye

Post by redeye »

$6.80 is a deal for shipping in a safe secure box wih tracking and del confitmation. Im all for that method.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

redeye wrote:$6.80 is a deal for shipping in a safe secure box wih tracking and del confitmation. Im all for that method.
DITTO :!:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

That's fine by me,I was just hoping to save a buck or two for everyone.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

A couple bucks more is well worth it to secure Jerry's knife, best to put clear packing tape over the label and ends though!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

redeye wrote:$6.80 is a deal for shipping in a safe secure box wih tracking and del confitmation. Im all for that method.
Seems like there was even a little insurance included.
sammy the blade

Good luck collecting it from the postal service. I had a shipment that looked like a fork truck ran over it. That was at least 10 years ago, still waiting on the check.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Payment: This thing has been going smoothly and so far so good and because of this I want to complicate matters by asking a favor of all those involved. :oops:

I have been using my girlfriends Pay Pal account for over ten years with my ebay and Sharper Deal auction stuff.
However she is just less than three weeks away from completing her masters and is very busy and asking her to screw around with bank accounts/money transfers etc is not something I want to subject her to right now.

Would you guys mind paying with money orders, checks or cash? This way I can just deposit all the money orders/checks etc in my personal account and not burden the girlfriend.

It's my fault for not being responsible enough to have my own Pay Pal account.
But understand if you need to use Pay Pal it is no problemo, it just helps me out and will make things go faster.

It is Friday,15th of July and the knives have not arrived yet.

That being said a huge THANKS to the Sam-Man for making this happen.
sammy the blade

Jerry's brother sent me a txt and said the knives should be to Viking on the 18th. I'll see if I still have the txt I'll post the tracking info here but I'm slamming a few down while my son is at his Moms side of the family for the weekend so I'll probably mess it up if I do it now. I think they're coming by the brown truck.
sammy the blade

Didn't say which carrier

1X950X300382367348
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

invalid number for usps, ups, fedex, or DHL.