Jerry's knives

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Jerry's knives

Post by tequiza »

I just received a call from Jerry's sister Linda, she would like to sell Jerr's knife collection, anybody that is interested can reach her at 559 294 8117.
Thanks for any help.
Pete
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Re: Jerry's knives

Post by Viking45 »

Pete is she wanting to sell as a collection or by the knife?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:Pete is she wanting to sell as a collection or by the knife?
Anyway she can Dave, the whole collection or by the knife, give her a call if you can.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:
Viking45 wrote:Pete is she wanting to sell as a collection or by the knife?
Anyway she can Dave, the whole collection or by the knife, give her a call if you can.

I would give anything to have just one of his knives Pete but I can't pay attention right now let-lone buy a knife.
I would rather have one of his personal knives than anything. Too bad some one with the cash doesn't buy his Lightning collection and make those his Commemorative knife. :idea:
Jerry had at least 40 a couple years ago,maybe more now.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Yeah, he had at least 40 lighting's, several China clones, some pro-techs and several other brands, I was hoping Barb,( barshoo) would chime in but she seems to be MIA for some reason, she would be a big help to Linda.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Do you think Jerry's sister would what a lightning is? We could figure how many of want one and buy them from her.
2024 candidate for president
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I believe she does sammy, when I spoke to her she said he had a lot of them, if you get a chance give her a call, she would appreciate that!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:Yeah, he had at least 40 lighting's, several China clones, some pro-techs...
Yeah I used to tease him about his Protech Brends. That's my favorite PT and always tried to con him out of those 8) Jokingly of course.

Just in case some don't know what a PT Brend looks like I found a pic of a custom Brend with abalone. Wow! :shock:
John will go nuts over that one. 8)
From what I understand this grind is one of the most difficult to achieve and Walter Brend used to do all of them himself. http://walterbrend.com/
Attachments
brend.jpg
brend.jpg (213.28 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
sammy the blade

I've talked to Jerry's sister and she's going to check on how many lightning's Jerry has. Now we need to find out how many people want one and we can go from there. I will buy the knives, not sure what they will cost us but I'm not going to low ball her! If Viking can get the engraving or printing done maybe we can get the ball rolling. I want 1. Can we get the list started, knives will be limited to has many are available, rumor has it Jerry had around 40.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I'll take at least one.
Whenever I visit my dad we talk about knives and I mention some of the things we cover here and he knew I had a friend in Fresno.
My dad used to ask me if I heard from Jerry lately. We lived in Visalia in the mid 70's which is just a rock's throw from Fresno.
Even my dad was saddened by Jerry's passing and he didn't know the man. When I told him we might be able to buy some of Jerry's Lightnings he said he wanted one.
But if the members here buy them all that's ok but if there are any left over I'll buy my dad one.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I'll take one as well.
Dave, would you like to start the list?
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Thank you all for posting this.
Jerry is missed by every member, not even mentioning all of the many non-members that read this wonderful board.
I'd be very thankful to buy and own one of Jerry's Lightnings, or any other knife of his for that matter , and especially also to be able to help his sister/family with stuff they (probably) don't know about or want to deal with . I often think about how important knives are to me, but if I go before before my wife she'll be clueless. Just a fact of life, I guess, but as much as I'd rather ignore it I can appreciate the eventuality of it and what I'll leave in her lap.
I'd certainly rather help in buying one of Jerry's knives than buying a forum tribute-knife, and maybe others will agree. ANY Jerry knife would be something nice to own, a nice remembrance, and a way to help the family, too.
Just my thoughts, probably a lot harder done than said, but wanted to throw the idea out(ness). :D
Thanks, hope you all are having a good weekend.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:I'll take one as well.
Dave, would you like to start the list?
Pete you want a list posted here somewhere?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Dave, post it on a sticky, then as people say they want one you can put their name in your opening post, that way we can see how many want one without going through all the posts, also David or myself can add a name if your busy with something else, it's covered! :-)
I also like the idea that Furcs brought up about calling it a Jerry knife, Damn good idea :!: 8)
sammy the blade

Jerry's sister is supposed to txt me a pic and find out how many he had so it will be a first come first served. I haven't heard back from her yet but when I do I'll let us all know.