Bad news

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Bad news

Post by tequiza »

I just got off the phone with Jerry's sister Linda, this is not easy for me to type this, jerr passed away on April 30th, he had COPD pretty bad and his heart just finally gave out, she is at his house now taking care of things, jerr was very well loved and will be greatly missed!
RIP my friend :cry:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
whippersnapper

Re: Bad news

Post by whippersnapper »

Damn it :cry:
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

That is brutal news.Jerry was always there to help out. I remember how he accepted me when I first joined this forum. He used to PM me when something came up that he thought I'd be interested in. I wish his family well and he will be missed.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
john

Post by john »

That is the saddest news. I'm so sorry my condolences and prayers go out to his family and to his TalkBlade family too. He was a good guy. He'll be missed by us all.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I considered Jerr one of my best internet buddies. I spoke with him more than anyone I have met online.
Jerry had a great sense of humor and until we spoke on the phone several times I saw an unexpected,highly intellectual side of him that blew me away.
His joking and misspelling words was far from the real Jerry. He had a keen wit and enjoyed deep,meaningful conversation.
No matter what subject came up Jerry had an opinion and an initiated point of view. Simply an awesome man.

We rarely spoke of knives,it seems we talked about everything under the sun but knives. However I believe he had an extensive collection of Italian stilettos and he mentioned having several high-end Pro Techs. I recall joking with him about sending me his Pro Tech Brends (my favorite PT) for closer inspection 8) Last time I heard he had something like 40 or more Lightnings.I think he had every color/blade design they make.

Cheers brother,we're gonna miss ya.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I will miss him, although I never met him I considered him my friend, he was there though some troubled times for me and helped me through them. Great guy in my book.
2024 candidate for president
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I'm so sad to hear about this. Jerry was one of the nicest guys I've met on this crazy internet. He'll be missed very much.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELL THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS !!!

JERR YOUR WIT AND FONT WILL BE MISSED BY ALL, R.I.P. BROTHER BEAR. :( :( :(
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Jerry and I never met in person but our correspondence, public and private, goes back over 15 years and it was very painful to read about his passing away. As a tribute to Jerry, I suppose I should say so sorriness...

Jim
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

In Emails he would refer to me as "Mr. Dawgie"......he was a good friend to me and will be sorely missed .
R.I.P. Jerry

Rondog
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Words fail me :cry:
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Hopefully he is in a much better place now where he can breath. I hope he's looking down and see's his friends miss him! I feel like an ass sending him emails after his passing but I was concerned about him, rip my friend!
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

So sorry to hear this news my freinds.:-(
I see what you mean now whippersnapper about losing freinds here.
Condolences and prayers to all Mr Berrs family and freinds.
Jerr was one of the first to welcome me here and ive seen the fish and coloured font a plenty whilst browsing here.

RIP JERR ....you will be sadly missed but fondly remembered here...
Gravknife
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

sammy the blade wrote: I feel like an ass sending him emails after his passing but I was concerned about him
I did the same thing Sammy ! :oops:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Jerry was one of the most unique individuals on this forum. The persona he created for himself, complete with the quirky habit of adding "ness" to random words, is what is most memorable. As others have noted, he was much more than just those things. I had the good fortune to meet him in person at his home in Fresno, CA, while driving up highway 99 from LA to SF. He had an amazing collection that took up whole rooms in his house. Very eclectic - truly a bit of everything. I'll always remember his sense of humor which kicked in the moment he answered the doorbell. He handed me a card that said in effect he smoked and if that was offensive, then I was in the wrong damn place. While he did smoke he did not imbibe MB rather sticking to sodas. We sat in his living room and out in the back yard for about three hours talking about many subjects. He was well informed. I spent what is in hindsight too little time with him. Now the opportunity is gone. I miss you, JerrBear.