Bad news

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Bad news

Post by sammy the blade »

I've been thinking about Jerry, my memory isn't what it used to be so I had to go through old posts and he's been gone a little over a year now. SUX!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I think about him every day.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

whippersnapper wrote:I think about him every day.
I think we all do :!:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I too think of him often. When I left Jerr after my visit, I promised that next time I dropped by we would go to his favorite local restaurant. Well that followup visit didn't happen as I didn't get down there before he passed. I guess I was somewhat complacent in that Jerr appeared to be in pretty good shape for his age and tobacco use. He rode his bicycle all over town.

Lesson is to make sure to take the time to visit older friends. Grim Reaper does not work on a schedule.
sammy the blade

natcherly wrote:I too think of him often. When I left Jerr after my visit, I promised that next time I dropped by we would go to his favorite local restaurant. Well that followup visit didn't happen as I didn't get down there before he passed. I guess I was somewhat complacent in that Jerr appeared to be in pretty good shape for his age and tobacco use. He rode his bicycle all over town.

Lesson is to make sure to take the time to visit older friends. Grim Reaper does not work on a schedule.

Thanks for that advice. I have a friend that got leukemia from agent orange and the last time I talked to him he told me he was on his way out, not much more they can do for him. VA isn't much in Indiana I guess!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Just talked with my dad at 6:00 pm this evening (06/28/17) and I said to him one of my regrets is not going to see Jerry.
I did not have my bike at the time or I would have been in Fresno to meet my friend for the first time. This is almost spooky that we are talking about the Bear right now.
I spoke about Jerry so often even my dad would ask about him.

Funny how we really don't know people but after years of talking via i-net we grow to care and sometimes love another.
No place is dear to my heart as Talk Blade.

Not afraid to use the term love, I spoke with Jerry many long hours on the phone and the man blew my mind with his vast knowledge and intellect.
On that note thank you Pete, David, Tom(s), Terry and other mods that saw fit to include me in your realm.

Cheers to the Bear.
sammy the blade

I spoke with Jerry over the phone many times. I felt like I knew him for years! Felt like I'd been kicked in the nuts when I found out he was gone. He was a unique individual and I don't think I'll ever forget him. See you on the other side my friend, at least I hope so!