jerr Bear

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: jerr Bear

Post by Tom19176 »

I too never talked to him, but we posted in threads and he commented on post I made. I always enjoyed his comments......Funny how we touch each others lives even when we are only friends via this common interest. We also trust each other and for the most part treat each other as long time friends. Interesting how the internet has changed the world .....
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

These threads have been up for a month, looks like anybody that had a comment has already done so, i'm going to put these back on standard thread and let them drift off into the archives.
RIP Jerrbear, gone but not forgotten
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

God bless you Jerry,they broke the mold after you my friend.
Your friend Dave
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Suppose now I can mention that one of my fondest memories with Jerr was playing with the auctions. Not many but a few. One of us would find out that someone was trying to raise money to pay bills or something, usually medical expenses and he and I would go head to head in a bidding war. Sometimes others would join in too that were aware of what was really going on. We would even pool money and when the auction was over, most if not all the bidders knew that it was to donate money to a friend and whoever got the knife got a fine way of remembering that they took a key part in helping a friend..
We never did this on a Rizz though...ha ha far as I know those were real bidding wars.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I know that this subject has all but died, but I am really missing JerrBear today. He and I were close friends. I would go visit him every time I was in Fresno to visit family. I would bring down my latest acquisition of blades, and we had what JerrBear called "Show and Tell"(ness) I would show off my knives, and he'd show off his.

We would go out for a steak dinner on many occasions...and he would NEVER let me pay for my meal. Some members of my family got to meet him. He took my son and I out to dinner once. Tom had just graduated from California State University Sacramento suma cum laud with an Electrical Engineering degree. So that dinner was to celebrate that.

Three years ago for his birthday (on August 15th), I sent him a new Frank B limited edition 9 in. bayo classic switchblade with Abalone scales. He was so thrilled, that you'd think I had sent him gold bullion or something!

He regularly emailed me jokes, video shorts, and pictures of exotic places. When the emails stopped coming, I knew there was something wrong. I figured maybe he had the flu or the like.

I would have sold JerrBear's knives for his sister, but his nephew had them. He is a real jerk-wad. He would not let the knives out of his sight, and thought everyone was out to screw him. He can shove them where the sun don't shine for all I care now.

Well, I have rambled on long enough. I just really miss my buddy! Rest in peace, JerrBear! :cry: :cry: 8)
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I think of Jerry often, he was my best internet buddy and I miss him too. He was one of a kind and will be greatly missed by his friends and family. We're all gonna go sometime and when I go i hope by chance I'll get to meet the old buzzard in spirit. RIP my friend!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, I think about him everyday. Jerry not being here has taken much of the fun away from the forums. For me anyway.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

JerrBear was always getting on me to post more. I got real offended when JerrBear was asked to talk to me about my use of bold colored fonts. I went through the entire forum and changed everything black. I didn't post much after that. JerrBear used to ask me if I was still upset over that. I replied that I wasn't, but I didn't know why I quit posting. I haven't bought a knife in a very long time. Since JerrBear passed, I don't have him around to bug me anymore about posting. Now I want to post a picture of my ugly knife...it's the ugliest knife on the planet. But I need some tutoring from the guys on how to do it, as I have forgotten how. I'm going to post it in the blade pictures section. Fair warning, it is hideous! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Those are awesome stories Barbara. I too have been thinking about Jerry lately.

As for the colored font thing I find that absurd. Why have a forum feature if no one can use it. You should never have changed your posts.
Pardon my French but who gives a damn if you used colored letters?
I am a mod here but I certainly don't have a problem with it, heck Jerry used it all the time.

I was talking to someone (in person) last week and mentioned my friends here at Talk Blade. I said I have many good friends here and he said "have you met them, how do you know they are friends?
My answer was simple, I said if you know the people I know you would understand why I call them friends.
I am somewhat of a loner in real life, I have some good people in my life but to call them friend would be using the term loosely. I could easily name well over a couple dozen people here that would come get me at 4 in the morning if I were broke down.
People are your friend when things are good but when things aren't so good and you need them...where are they. I get more support from my friends here when things are bad then the people I know in real life.

Maybe it's because you guys know you don't have to do anything :lol: You know I am kidding, the support I get from you guys blows me away, I knew you cared but not to the extent you have proven in PM's and phone calls.

So yeah, I have damn good friends here.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i had a problom with some of the colored fonts...... i couldn't read some of them . (ex.) YELLOW.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thanks for letting me know, Tryker. At least I know why now. I'll put you on the top of my shit list.......................................... :P :P :P
LOL!! I'm just pulling your leg!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

barshoo wrote:Thanks for letting me know, Tryker. At least I know why now. I'll put you on the top of my shit list.......................................... :P :P :P
LOL!! I'm just pulling your leg!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worry's Barb, Tryker is on many sh*t lists :lol: Just kiidin' ya, ya big Yank bastud 8)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

eye bin ona lots a shiit lists statin wid my faatheas ,soooooooooooooo ha !!!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Tryker, honestly, you actually became one of my friends when you said what you did. I really value people who talk to me honestly with respect to what I do that bugs them.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

:oops: :oops: :oops: ooaaa shucks barb, am feelin all embarwrist now

lol
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"