R.I.P. MERLE

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

R.I.P. MERLE

Post by TRYKER »

MERLE HAGGARD , DIED TODAY FROM HEALTH ISSUES.
i've been a long time fan of his and must have at least 23 of his albums. i could personally connect to alot of his early songs they seemed to mirror my life.

so from one working man to another R.I.P. Merle
Viking45

Re: R.I.P. MERLE

Post by Viking45 »

Damn straight brother! Merle is the epitome of the Bakersfield sound.
Nothing goes better with a Bourbon than a Merle tune from the 60's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejmDQp13YII

1967 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ER-yo1V3s
Tryker when I see these punks today trying to play country music it's like everything else modern a-holes do...it's ain't gettin' it.
This man cracked skulls,drank whiskey,did time and wrote kick ass music. He was the real thing.

(don't get a mug like this livin' right) Cheers Merle I will miss you brother.
He and Willie were scheduled to play here in town Friday night... we were going.
Attachments
Merle.jpg
Merle.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Grab a beer- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHJ41ktt3Q

SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI-

Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, two titans of the country genre, will perform together in concert on Friday, April 8 at the O’Reilly Family Event Center.

Damn right! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHAFmFsb9XM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYY2FQHFwE
Attachments
MerelWillie.jpg
MerelWillie.jpg (46.23 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
john

Post by john »

Merle you'll be missed by us all. We are very glad that you left us all your wonderful music.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

R.I.P. Merle :(
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Tryker,

He lived near my hometowne of Redding, Ca., and I knew a gal who did housework for him and babysitting for his friends. She told me he sure liked his pot! Probably why he moved to N. Ca. from S. Ca. Wille Nelson stopped by often. There used to be a breakfast joint in Redding I'd frequent, and they had the Merle booth. Thats where he always sat for breakfast. Right next to the booth was a saddle with silver concho's and his signature on it. I saw him there once, but too many people around to even get close. He did some benefits for local charities and helped raise money for the Bowles fire victims near Weed, where I now live. 150 homes were lost. Sorry to hear he passed, last I heard he was getting better and touring again. RIP Merle.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Wow Bonz...I never realized....you live in Weed CA? What a great name!

There is a town here in WV in McDowell Co. Hemphill. I always thought that was a cool one. But Weed.......the man from WEED. He doesn't pull six gun just a bong with a six shooter on it!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

hollowdweller wrote:Wow Bonz...I never realized....you live in Weed CA? What a great name!

There is a town here in WV in McDowell Co. Hemphill. I always thought that was a cool one. But Weed.......the man from WEED. He doesn't pull six gun just a bong with a six shooter on it!
:lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Cool fact- (many already know) Lynard Skynard' band name was their high school coach that didn't like long hair on boys. 8)
Attachments
LS.jpg
LS.jpg (86.31 KiB) Viewed 4472 times
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

hollowdweller wrote:Wow Bonz...I never realized....you live in Weed CA? What a great name!

Mr. Hollowdweller,

Just on the north side of Mt. Zoomie. I live in a golf community about 5 miles away from Weed, near the 2nd tee. Will be moving to S. Oregon this summer.

This might be your kind of store...

http://www.weedstore.com/Default.asp

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Speaking of Weed glad we still have Willie.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Speaking of weed glad we still have that too.
2024 candidate for president
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

For those lucky enough to get it.