Mayberry marital status

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Mayberry marital status

Post by jim d, »

Food for Thought

The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married - Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T. Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara, and of course Opie - all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.

Happy 4th everyone!

Jim
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Mayberry marital status

Post by natcherly »

Well now with the new SCOTUS ruling, they can all get married to each other. Should be interesting......

And a Happy 4th as well
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim I never thought of that and as you know I am a BIG fan of the show! I split with my X in 1999 and life has been wonderful since then!!!...lol.....
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I found this interesting and being a fan of the show decided to add to Jim's list.

Brisco Darling- Tried to marry Aunt Bea
The four Darling sons
Ellie Walker- Andy's first girlfriend
Rafe Hollister- Moonshiner
Peggy McMillan- Nurse/Andy's girlfriend for a while
John Masters- Choir director,no mention of wife
Asa Breeney- Elderly bank security guard
Emma Watson- Elderly lady lives alone
Ben Weaver- Bitter old man/department store owner
Jud Fletcher- Town elderly man
Daphne and Skippy- The "Fun Girls"
and Sam Jones- Widowed farmer

There was one episode that featured a married couple Fred and Jenny Boone constantly fighting and Andy tried to help but nothing worked.

While looking up these names I came across a neat fact- Don Knotts was born in Morgantown, West Virginia. Knotts' paternal ancestors had emigrated from England to America in the 17th century, originally settling in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Interest list you made! My son makes fun of me for watching this show so much....I do think the fact most of the Mayberry staff was single is that it allowed for dating story lines and other story lines that could not otherwise be used....Remember the high school reunion one with Andy's first love? In fact Barney only had one serious girl friend and many who he ran after....Andy was the main subject of the dating shows.....I do wish that place at that time still exist if it ever did,,,Great show.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Fred Boone was played by the late Jesse White.
Fishtail Picklock
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

"A man never knows what 'True Happiness' is until he gets married. Then it's too late!"
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Fred Boone was played by the late Jesse White.
Good eye,he was also the Maytag repairman for two decades.
Fred-Jenny.jpg
Fred-Jenny.jpg (181.48 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Jesse White was a long-time actor and appeared in a number of TV series and motion pictures. I liked him when he worked with Stan Freberg in "making a hit record." White's character was a producer that handed a prop man a sharp stick and when the singer sang the phrase "high school" the prop man would lance the singer with the sharp stick, making the singer yelp through the phrase. (This was done to mimic/mock Elvis Presley.) IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! :mrgreen: :lol:

The recording was on Capitol Records in 1960. It was called, "The Old Payola Roll Blues."
Fishtail Picklock
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Otis must have had a homley wife iffin he would rather sleep it off in jail. When I been drinkin the homley ones look beautiful!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!