Drone News

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Drone News

Post by Viking45 »

Just saw this video and the first thing that came to mind is how many of these little jewels are going to be held for ransom or stolen for parts?
My guess is one of these is worth several grand.
I obviously have a criminal mind and you guys should really distance yourselves from me :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rEI4bezWc
daddyloko

Re: Drone News

Post by daddyloko »

I often ponder the nuisance they will bring :roll: or the fun bringing them crashing down to earth :twisted: or even Skeet practice in urban settings. Most certainly they will be hi-jacked if carrying packages and you can bet on use for personal attacks/assaults. We'll just have to request our toys be sent by land.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I've been in the RC hobby for years; fly model airplanes. These "drones" are a relatively new thing, and in the opinions of many, are ruining the hobby. For every positive story in the news about them, there are hundreds of cases where some idiot did something dangerous or illegal with one.

The problem seems to be that they are relatively cheap now and easy to fly. Some 12 year old with no experience can pick one up, get it flying, and be buzzing crowds of people, endangering real aircraft, or spying on their neighbors in no time. It's causing a great deal of controversy in the hobby.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I kinda like this theory-
Attachments
Rem_1187sportsmansawedoffsilencer.jpg
Rem_1187sportsmansawedoffsilencer.jpg (4.45 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Not a bad theory Viking45. So much for Terminator: Rise of the Machines... :o
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Did you guys ever hear the news story about the guy in New York who got a drone mailed to them accidentally. The government sent the guy half a drone for free with his weightbench.
He took pictures too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1781931
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

dark2023 wrote:Did you guys ever hear the news story about the guy in New York who got a drone mailed to them accidentally. The government sent the guy half a drone for free with his weightbench.
He took pictures too.
Dr. Darky,I too was sent a half-a-drone but my reply was where is the other half? One to poop on,one to cover it up. :lol:

Honestly though,I do see a useful tool here but so for a gigantic nuisance. Fly over my air space be sure to have a redundant hard drive because I am sending this plastic bird to hell via buckshot.
Another piece of worthless technology the lefties can bitch about when their toys are shot down by Americans.
Oh and by the way,all you fellers need to refer yourselves as Americans not right or conservative.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1781931
daddyloko wrote:Not a bad theory Viking45. So much for Terminator: Rise of the Machines... :o
Yeah Daddy,I would also like to include accessories like pheasant hunting- Bags,calls and special buckshot.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Yeah Daddy,I would also like to include accessories like pheasant hunting- Bags,calls and special buckshot.
It's already been developed

(sadly it's an old april fools joke, try hitting "add to cart")
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"