Truly A Must Have

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Truly A Must Have

Post by Viking45 »

As a small child living in a farmhouse in the mid 60's I used to love to thumb through this huge book we had called The Story Of American Hunting And Firearms.
A couple of years ago I researched and found that is was put out by Outdoor Life magazine.
It is an absolutely gorgeous book with exquisite illustrations and vivid paintings. Our copy was lost many years ago so when I did my search I couldn't recall the name after a few days I finally came across a copy on Amazon. I then turned to eBay and found several copies and scored an original 1959 issue with hard-shell sleeve and even a cover over the book for 8 bucks.

I just want to express to you just how fantastic this book is and eBay has quite a few super nice issues right now and several are well under 20 bucks.
One in particular is 13 bucks free shipping and it looks cherry.
If you get one of these be sure to look at the descriptions and make sure it has the hard shell sleeve included.

I promise you will be thrilled to have this old book and it's a big'un at 13 1/2" x 10 1/4".
It covers a 400 year history and tells of how the Spaniards were hunting in Florida and they thought the giant alligators were monsters...I guess they were.
It starts with the Indians primitive weapons,then matchlocks etc. A great coffee table book.

Hopefully this link works- http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0

Here are two issues on eBay right now(one has the paper cover)
Attachments
OL-01.JPG
OL-01.JPG (86.26 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
OL-02.JPG
OL-02.JPG (94.85 KiB) Viewed 1942 times