NORML.org

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

NORML.org

Post by john »

NORML.org
FYI
Bob Marley once said, LEGALIZE IT!
Whatever your opinion is on this topic write to your elected official go to Norml.org and tell them what you think.
See below for a note from NORML.org

From NORML.org:
Take Action on Marijuana Law Reform in 2015
Recent Action Alerts:
New Hampshire: Lawmakers Once Again Consider Marijuana Decriminalization
Iowa: Lawmakers to Consider Reducing Marijuana Possession Penalties
North Dakota: Medical Marijuana Legislation Introduced

As we get further into 2015, state legislatures are convening all around the country and the issue of marijuana law reform is a hot topic in many of them. From full legalization to decriminalization to medical use, marijuana is being debated in state houses across the nation. A key component of making these reform efforts successful is the mobilization of citizens like yourself. Only so much can be done by top down lobbying and lawmakers often base their votes off of the will of their constituents.

To make this process as pain-free as possible, NORML has collected all of the currently pending legislation and provided tools for constituents to contact their elected officials in our Take Action Center. Bills currently pending in 2015 include:

Federal: Members Of Congress Move To Exclude Hemp From the Controlled Substances Act
Arizona: Measure Introduced To Defelonize Marijuana Penalties
Delaware: Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Decriminalization Measure
Florida: Senator Introduces "The Florida Medical Marijuana Act"
Kentucky: Medical Cannabis Legislation Filed In Both Chambers
New Hampshire: Lawmakers Once Again Consider Marijuana Decriminalization
New Mexico: Senate Lawmakers to Consider Decriminalizing Marijuana
New York: Measure Introduced To Legalize Cannabis Commerce
Texas: Lawmakers to Consider Marijuana Decriminalization
And many more!
View the full list of pending legislation and take action today by writing to your elected officials using NORML's pre-written letter, or edit it to use your own words. This list is continually updated as new measures are introduced, so be sure to keep checking back to see what legislation will be debated in your state this year.

Be sure you take a moment of your time to use these action alerts to quickly and easily contact lawmakers in support of pending legislation in your state and share them with your friends and family! If there is not pending legislation in your state, you can send emails in support of Federal legislation.

Help us keep the GRASS in GRASSROOTS and together we will legalize marijuana nationwide.

Sincerely,
The NORML Team
NORML and the NORML Foundation: 1100 H Street NW, Suite 830, Washington DC, 20005
Tel: (202) 483-5500 • Fax: (202) 483-0057 • Email: norml@norml.org

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Viking45

Re: NORML.org

Post by Viking45 »

It has been a very long time for me(decades) but I never really had a problem with weed.
I have very strong conservative views but weed never went against my way of thinking...until lately when I thought about the signal this sends our children.

However mixed my emotions/feelings may be on the subject the fact remains the same- The U.S. spends billions of tax payer's dollars a year fighting a hopeless crime and that being weed.
My views are extremely old fashion and simplified but still remain the best method in my way of thinking and that is if it is to become legalized then it should be taxed and monitored.
Just like beef ranchers,growers can certify their small crops and market their harvest.

The first step and I emphasize the term "first step" STOP all incoming marijuana completely,Mexico(all countries south of the border),Europe and any Middle eastern countries.

Everyone has a view of their own,even my late Granddad(born in 1910) said before he passed in 1991 he thought the country has gone ape-shit over enforcing pot laws.
I agree.
Legalize the shit,enforce our borders 100 fold and get ourselves out of debt. Better yet,use the weed taxed dollars to fund medical and SS and/or "build" the border fence.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I once read somewhere that what a politician does is look at the direction people are moving, run around in front of them and yell "Follow me!"

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

I once read somewhere that what a politician does is look at the direction people are moving, run around in front of them and yell "Follow me!"

Tom
That hasn't changed. That's normal for them.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I have serious issues with the way the "War on Drugs" in this country has been handled.

Do you guys realize that congress differed entire authority, as far as "drugs" go to the FDA and the United Nations (Section 811, Subsection D) through the Federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970. I'm not even going to get into the FDA, as I have many issues with them. What I will point out though is that China, Iran and Turkmenistan are all countries on the UNs commission for Narcotic Drugs, which means they get a say as to what international drug law will be and their opinion influences how naturally occurring proteins can be regulated and banned from being consumed by American citizens.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The U.S. has more people in prison than any other country - too many rules = too much government :idea:
Frank

Post by Frank »

I remember reading awhile ago that a state had legalized recreational use. In about six months said state was rife with cash and looking for things to spend it on, after road improvement, etc.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Frank wrote:I remember reading awhile ago that a state had legalized recreational use. In about six months said state was rife with cash and looking for things to spend it on, after road improvement, etc.
Mr. Frank,

And that's only revenue generated from all the DUI citations issued to the freaks driving to 711 for munchies... :P HO! HO! :P

Good to see you posting, Buddy...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?