Ultimate Man Purse

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Frank

Re: Ultimate Man Purse

Post by Frank »

Hey Viking.
Are you by any chance familiar with sand fleas? They are everywhere in the sandhill region, down around Sanford. You can also run up on scorpions there. They're rare but they're there.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
Viking45

Re: Ultimate Man Purse

Post by Viking45 »

Frank wrote:Hey Viking.
Are you by any chance familiar with sand fleas? They are everywhere in the sandhill region, down around Sanford. You can also run up on scorpions there. They're rare but they're there.

VBR,

Frank
Frank I know of the Sandhill area but it has been many years since I have been up there. It's way northeast of me.
As for sand fleas I recall parts of Kansas having them but there is no sand in my area,however we have chiggers and they can be miserable.
The only scorpion I have seen is a small guy with a painful sting but the poison is no worse than a hornet or wasp.
My cousin sat on one years ago and he stood up pretty quick :lol:
Southern Missouri has lots of creepy-crawly critters,lots of spiders but only two are dangerous,the black widow and fiddle back(brown recluse).
I always grab me a long stick when walking through the woods to knock webs down on the trail. Always hated that feeling of a big web wrapping around my face and some webs are pretty strong,I have seen them bend small branches when ya walk through them.

Not only would I have a first aid but I'd have a snake bite kit. Some people say they're no good but they would help if you got right on it immediately.
The cottonmouth is by far Missouri's nastiest snake bite- http://www.cottonmouthsnake.org/cottonm ... ake-venom/