Another World

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Another World

Post by Viking45 »

It is intriguing to think that somewhere in the world politics,gas prices,cell phones,traffic and television have absolutely no meaning what-so-ever.

Found this photograph by Simon Morris (UK) This man will never know he's coolest guy on the planet.

(Mongolian eagle hunter in the Altai Mountains of western Mongolia)
Attachments
Simon-Morris_2655067k.jpg
Simon-Morris_2655067k.jpg (163.3 KiB) Viewed 4371 times
Razor_54

Re: Another World

Post by Razor_54 »

Life was simpler than. No stress of modern life. Cool photograph.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Razor_54 wrote:Life was simpler than. No stress of modern life. Cool photograph.
This is a modern photograph. From what I understand it was recently entered in a world-wide photograph contest.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

That makes it even cooler
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Apparently these guys take this eagle hunting thing seriously.
Attachments
Eagle.jpg
Eagle.jpg (43.03 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
2PMPk.jpg
2PMPk.jpg (189.45 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Here's a baby chick you can get to train, all you have to do is get by mama, :lol: this is a live cam from Berry College in N Ga, it's live 24/7

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Wow,nest cam on an eagle family. Very cool Pete.

I saw this a year or two back and thought I'd post it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0O0SAgPuc
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:Wow,nest cam on an eagle family. Very cool Pete.

I saw this a year or two back and thought I'd post it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0O0SAgPuc
Beautiful story Dave, how cool would that be to have one of those magnificent birds as a pet 8)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

tequiza wrote:Here's a baby chick you can get to train, all you have to do is get by mama, :lol: this is a live cam from Berry College in N Ga, it's live 24/7

WOW, Mr. Tequiza!

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Mama just got through feeding the baby a nice fish dinner. What a little glutton!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:
tequiza wrote:Here's a baby chick you can get to train, all you have to do is get by mama, :lol: this is a live cam from Berry College in N Ga, it's live 24/7

WOW, Mr. Tequiza!

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Mama just got through feeding the baby a nice fish dinner. What a little glutton!
Yeah he is, the little guy is eating more and more everyday, I keep hoping the other egg will hatch, but so far it doesn't look good :(
BTW Jerr, there's two cams on that nest, if you can click on the bottom one you can see how big the nest really is.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

Why did those guys come all the way to Nevada to go eagle hunting? I don't get it. Seems like they could do better in Asia...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Viking,

Why did those guys come all the way to Nevada to go eagle hunting? I don't get it. Seems like they could do better in Asia...

Best regards,

Bonz
Yeah that background does look similar except the first(top) pic with the permafrost on the ground. Not too much of that in Nevada 8)

These guys use the eagles for small game,in wide open country like that any ground dwelling rodent is going disappear when he sees a human but the eagles can cover many-a-square mile.
A big Mongolian rabbit would make a nice meal for the man and bird plus primo fur.
Thought this pic was funny- Mr. Bunny is being stalked :shock:
rabbit.jpg
rabbit.jpg (17.93 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
I checked the nest cam and it was about quarter till midnight GA time,mom was cleaning some of her feathers and the baby was moving around a little and when mom tucked in again for the night so did baby.
Really amazing stuff to see.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I have been addicted to watching this everyday for the past few weeks. It's really fascinating. 2 of my kids go to school there. They recently discovered another eagles nest on campus a few miles away.

The drama in nature is amazing. A few weeks ago a Great Horned Owl attacked the nest while the female was still incubating the eggs. Yesterday a juvenile eagle (probably 3 or 4 years old) perched above the nest until the male returned to the nest and ran it off.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

turbo_dog wrote:

I have been addicted to watching this everyday for the past few weeks. It's really fascinating. 2 of my kids go to school there. They recently discovered another eagles nest on campus a few miles away.

The drama in nature is amazing. A few weeks ago a Great Horned Owl attacked the nest while the female was still incubating the eggs. Yesterday a juvenile eagle (probably 3 or 4 years old) perched above the nest until the male returned to the nest and ran it off.
Same here turbo, I have it on my bookmarks and check it several times a day :D I missed the one about the Owl but they have the video up on the intruder, Mama looked like she was ready to do some heavy battle when that young Eagle came in :!:
If your kids get any good pics of the other nest please post them.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

When I said they, I meant the school discovered another nest. I asked my kids about it and neither one knew exactly where the new nest is located. It is supposedly in a very remote area of campus and was discovered by a couple of former students who now work for the state dept of natural resources. . I was hoping they would install a cam there next year, but apparently they aren't going to. Here is a picture of the new nest I copied from the Facebook page.
1920327_269487366548508_2004826351_n.jpg
1920327_269487366548508_2004826351_n.jpg (195.14 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
The nest we are watching is right near the school entrance and near the athletic center. My kids say that some days there are a dozen or more folks gathered watching the nest, but the best views are the ones we get on the computer. If you haven't seen it, the eagles' Facebook page has a lot of cool info and pictures. https://www.facebook.com/berrycollegeeagles